GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Played Splinter Cell - Holy Poo!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Fri 11/10/02 at 23:55
Regular
How smooth is this game!

Wow... played it today... my manager managed to get a copy through his contacts.. all I can say it that it runs so well and feels beautiful, a real treasure to play, we only had the first fully finished level/stage on disk however it was clear that if they didn't drop the depth in the later levels than this game will be an easy Halo beater (I wasn't a supreme fan of Halo).

Well. Its my first reason to own an XBox. And I will be getting a copy for free... as well as TimeSplitters2.

*burps and runs away*

Well done Splinter Cell.

:)
Wed 16/10/02 at 22:45
Regular
I doubt they made it up, and if it isn't going to be as good as the X-Box version, they would just have given the information, leaving the X-Box part out. They tell the facts, nothing else.
Wed 16/10/02 at 09:22
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Nintendo Official Magazine wrote:
>
> "Splinter Cell has been officially announced for early next year.
> Apparently, it will have improved effects and extra smoothness on
> GameCube, with exclusive secrets rumoured. One to watch out
> for."

Well they would say that wouldn't they.
They're not going to say, "It's out on the GC next year, but it won't be as good as the XBOX version...."
Tue 15/10/02 at 23:33
Regular
er-no wrote:
> I believe the GameCube could just about handle it and probably have
> slower loading times...

It's common sense really. GameCube will always have the quickest loading times because of it's discs. Where it fails in capacity, it picks up in the distance the eye has to travel to read it.
Tue 15/10/02 at 22:56
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
er-no wrote:
> Best games of the year:

Halo, Resident Evil, GTA Vice City, Splinter Cell, TimeSplitters2 and Mario

That sounds right to me.

Saw splinter cell fotage from the DVD sav sent me, and Holy Poo is a very fitting way to describe it. That Vann Damme splits move has to be one of the best seen in any game ever.
Tue 15/10/02 at 22:39
Regular
"everyone says it"
I don't think SplinterCell could look anywhere near as good on the PS2 as it does on the Xbox, I believe the GameCube could just about handle it and probably have slower loading times... again it really depends on how the game is coded and for this game I really don't know.

Best games of the year:

Halo, Resident Evil, GTA Vice City, Splinter Cell, TimeSplitters2 and Mario.

That is true. Hush if you agree.
Sun 13/10/02 at 14:48
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Splinter cell is third most wanted game form me, i really wnat project ego and BC what do you lot think about those 2 games? They sound well fun.
Sun 13/10/02 at 14:04
Regular
Nintendo Official Magazine wrote:

"Splinter Cell has been officially announced for early next year. Apparently, it will have improved effects and extra smoothness on GameCube, with exclusive secrets rumoured. One to watch out for."

That's a rough quote.
Sun 13/10/02 at 11:43
Regular
It has been mentioned but not with improvements! The Xbox version will look the best and with the GameCube it will keep a nice framerate, but the PS2 version will probably contain a lot of slow down as Max Payne did. Like UBISOFT said, they are developing it for the Xbox because they can do the most with the game and deliver a great 5.1 experience as well as the gameplay.
Sun 13/10/02 at 11:09
Regular
Where does it say that GC/PS2 versions are being released? It has'nt been officially announced, Just rumoured, Its only coming out on Xbox then PC for now...
Sun 13/10/02 at 03:20
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Its only being released for the PC and Xbox.

It'll be out early next year for GameCube and PS2, with some improvements, apparently.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.