GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Sims on Holiday - out today!!"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/04/02 at 15:49
Regular
Incase you didn't know, the 4th and latest expansion pack for the ever lovable Sims series is out today!
Formerly titled 'The Sims: Vacation', 'on Holiday' allows the Sims to simpley go on holiday and have some fun!

Just like Hot Date, they can once again get away from the dull and boring old neighbourhoods of mad famillies and random relationships, and have some real fun!
Wether it's skiing in the freezing snow or basking on the hot beach, you'll probably wish you were there.

So, what do you think of this new game?
I reckon it's the best yet - but I can't guarrentee that as I don't have it, yet. Can it really be better than Hot Date!???

The GameCube's launch is only 4 weeks away!
And a new addition to the highly-addictable series should keep you going untill then!
Fri 05/04/02 at 15:49
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Incase you didn't know, the 4th and latest expansion pack for the ever lovable Sims series is out today!
Formerly titled 'The Sims: Vacation', 'on Holiday' allows the Sims to simpley go on holiday and have some fun!

Just like Hot Date, they can once again get away from the dull and boring old neighbourhoods of mad famillies and random relationships, and have some real fun!
Wether it's skiing in the freezing snow or basking on the hot beach, you'll probably wish you were there.

So, what do you think of this new game?
I reckon it's the best yet - but I can't guarrentee that as I don't have it, yet. Can it really be better than Hot Date!???

The GameCube's launch is only 4 weeks away!
And a new addition to the highly-addictable series should keep you going untill then!
Fri 05/04/02 at 17:07
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The thing I like about Hot Date is it gives you the chance to build your own town, and with tons of objects and wallpapers to download, you never get bored of making your very own restaraunts and shops. Hopefully On Holiday will be just as good at doing this.
Fri 05/04/02 at 18:02
Regular
This sims thing sounds cool but who would splash ur money on all there's only one version u must have ?
Fri 05/04/02 at 21:12
Regular
The Sims is a load of repetitive fart, I got bored of it after a few days play. I can't seen how any of these £20 expansion packs can really add much to the game. It's great at first but the problem is it's all the same.
Sat 06/04/02 at 10:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Look on any of the expansion CD's for the sims, and on the front you'll see all the names for 'The Sims' in different languages. One of these funnily enough says 'Die Sims'
Check it out :)
Sat 06/04/02 at 12:17
"Uzi Lover"
cipro wrote:
One of these funnily enough
> says 'Die Sims'

German :-D The Sims for me was great during the first week or days but then like everyone else who owns this game - it got boring, repeative and ermm crap?!?

The lack of items you could use on the first edition was so limited, then they bring out ALL these expansion packs at such a high price for not much at all - waste of money methinks. Just another way of generating money for sure.

And will these expansion packs ever stop being released?!?
Sat 06/04/02 at 12:31
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
6-4-2002 - Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EAEI) San Fancisco, CA.

Electronic Arts today announced that 3 new Sims Expansion packs, not disimilar to the four before them, are to be released over the next fical year (April 2002 - March 2003)

The expansion packs, which are to be released at a average price of $19.99 are entitled as follows:

The Sims: A Night Out - A slightly less creative title, where character interaction is the key. Slap People, Kiss People, Laugh, Joke, and Maim people, it's all good in The Sims: A Night Out.

The Sims: Jungle Jinks - This title, originally thought to be perceived whilst the designers were drunk, sees your Sim (s) star in an action adventure game. Meet animals, take photos, fend off the locals and practice First Aid in the depths of the Amazon Jungle.

The Sims: The Fantasy Lounge - Named after one of Broad Streets most popular strip clubs, The Sims: The Fantasy Lounge sees your Sim-Chicks get thier kit off. But it isn't just that. In an age of Political Correctness, we need to have men in too. So we decided that the men should sit and watch... and maybe get a lap dance, or six. The title is aimed at pensioners.

When asked if these stupid Expansion Packs would ever stop, an EA Representative pulled out an Uzi, and blasted all the media. Fox and MSNBC and said to be upset.

(Source: Rooters)
Sat 06/04/02 at 12:41
"Uzi Lover"
Oh god...

This is one big con really isn't it?

They really need to just change the WHOLE game instead of releasing little stupid expansion packs which hardly add anything at all!

And at that price...you'll be a fool to buy it.

HMMMMM IDEA - Maybe if we stop buying, they'll stop producing, simple :-)

Both my little sister and my friends little sister LOVE this game, or well lets say LOVED. They were around the age of 12.
Sat 06/04/02 at 16:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
EA don't want the sims to drop from the chart do they! Not once since the origanal game was launched has the sims ever dropped out of the chart. EA should add some objectives or tasks to keep us occupied instead of giving us more and more objects which add little to overall game.
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:46
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The first few packs were dull and all the same, so you shouldn't judge the whole series on these! All they do is give you a few more things to buy, but nothing else - the game's no bigger.

But Hot Date and on Holiday expand the game, making it bigger and longer-lasting.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.