GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"so any1 played burnout 2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 2'.
Sat 12/10/02 at 20:05
Regular
im just wonderin as any1 tested out the new game burnoout 2 : point of impact it looks great and very agressive , like the fast and the furious the movie . im tinkin of buyin it. but id like som1 elses point of view
weeconor
Tue 15/10/02 at 18:51
Regular
J-42 wrote:
> I have played the demo and i thought that it was god, although because
> their is no career mode it might not have a very good life span.

It has a sort of career mode. It doesn`t have any of that stupid driver specific progression, but it does require you to compete in championships, and as you go along take on head to head challenges and other different tasks. Thats pretty much a career mode.

> their is a crash mode which looks fun - It requires you to drive around
> a course causing as much dammage as possible.

Its good fun, but its not quite what you say. Its more of a "hurl your car into a busy junction" type thing from what I`ve seen so far. Its not a destruction Derby affair, more of a ditch and hope.
Tue 15/10/02 at 18:45
J-42 wrote:
> Never
> the less i expect i'll get it eventually, but their are too many good
> games coming out that i'll get first
>

Me too. If this was released in the Summer, it would be a definite purchase - but because there are so many high quality games released recently and coming soon, I'll purchase those first. Or win the lottery and buy them all.
Tue 15/10/02 at 18:39
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I have played the demo and i thought that it was god, although because their is no career mode it might not have a very good life span. Never the less i expect i'll get it eventually, but their are too many good games coming out that i'll get first, so it'll probably go platinum before iget it. My friend has rented and said it was brilliant, their is a crash mode which looks fun - It requires you to drive around a course causing as much dammage as possible.
Tue 15/10/02 at 16:41
Um, no?
Tue 15/10/02 at 16:27
Regular
I dunno.

I`ve played the game, is that an indication of how good the demo is?
Tue 15/10/02 at 16:23
I've played the demo - is that a good indication of how good it is?
Tue 15/10/02 at 16:11
Regular
Yeh, I should be able to have a third go sometime tomorrow, so I`ll try and give the Oval Racer a decent test run... until the next beastie racer comes along :D
Tue 15/10/02 at 12:16
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yeah that siren can get annoying in persuit mode, and you can't even turn the damn thing off unless you play as a different persuit car to the police car.

The Oval Racer is good, a bit slow at turning corners, but bloody fast, it's probably my favourite car in the game, but I haven't unlocked them all yet so that could change.
Tue 15/10/02 at 12:10
Regular
I had a second go last night, again only managing to play for a short while, but I was able to unlock some sort of Oval Racer. Dunno if its any good, but it seemed quite fast. The Police car is nice as well... but I have the feeling that when I play my brother he`ll have the siren on ALL the time :D
Tue 15/10/02 at 12:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Edgy wrote:
> I played Burnout 2 on the PS2 in store for a few minutes before my
> shift started at work the other day and I thought it boring. It was
> too slow!

SLOW!!!!! You sure your playing the same game I have downstairs? Burnout 2 is possibly the fastest game I own on any sytem, only matched by Extreme G3. The graphics are amazing and no pop up or slow down what so ever despite the speeds you can reach.

I really don't know how the X-Box and GC versions are going to improve on whats already a near perfect arcade racer. Slow indeed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.