GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RGB SCART LEAD?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/10/02 at 15:49
Regular
I have just purchased a GC with Rogue Leader package. Please can someone tell me if buying a RGB scart lead will make much difference to the picture quality and which one should I buy?

Just for the record I'm using a 32inch widescreen.

Thanks
Thu 17/10/02 at 12:31
Regular
GCNewbie wrote:
> Just for the record I'm using a 32inch widescreen.
It doesn't really matter what size the screen is but what the clock pulse can display it in, if the tv can display in 60hz mode or better, go for it. Even if it doesn't there is a noticeable difference in quality but £20-£25 is a bit much for it if your TV only displays in 50hz go for a cheaper one i'd say
Thu 17/10/02 at 12:28
Joytech now have a TRUE rgb lead out for £10, it's a considerably better picture than the lead that comes with the cube but not as good as the official one but for £10 you can't complain but I'd prefer the official lead.
Thu 17/10/02 at 12:04
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Maverick42 wrote:
> I'll add it to my wish list then. Two things:
>
> 1. Is it really worth it? Really?

Apparently yes, i also think you would get a superior picture from tape recordings that you make of the games you play. Especially useful if you are entering the NGC leagues with a video cassette.

> 2. Is RGB the best, then?

Yep.
Wed 16/10/02 at 23:33
Regular
I'll add it to my wish list then. Two things:

1. Is it really worth it? Really?
2. Is RGB the best, then?
Tue 15/10/02 at 17:16
Regular
i got one of EBay games look alot better including ISS 2.
Tue 15/10/02 at 16:46
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> I've seen two 3rd party cables - MadCatz and Joytech - and both are
> not as good compared to the official one.

too right i brought a 3rd part lead for my PS1, I noticed a little improvement but not very notacible.

It would be a good idea to get one if you want the best graphics you can get becuase the leap from RF to 3 scart on my N64 was actually quite a big leap.

IF you do get one make sure you have an RGB scart socket...my TV had one but you press AV1 button on remote once you see picture..press it twice is goes to true RGB scart.
Tue 15/10/02 at 16:40
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:

> 'GameCube, Controller, SCART Lead.'

I think it is, theres 3 types of scarts...but each one has a diffrent word before it.

these are bad examples of what me and my freinds call them.
3-lead scart = the one you have...3 leads which then you can have an adaptor.
scart = one thick cable with scart end.
RGB scart =the best...looks like scart..but it isnt.
Tue 15/10/02 at 16:37
Regular
Im asking for one for christmas but if i dont get it then i wont be bothered to buy one.

I heard that theres another official lead that uses gold plating so it will be even better, no idea where i heard it so dont wait 5 years to find there isnt one, it will cost more too.

The way i look at it is as a very nice extra. If you have 5 controllers, incase one breaks, and enough memory cards then this would be the next extra, not including camera, dvd, internet and link cable add ons.
Mon 14/10/02 at 19:23
Regular
When I bought my GameCube off SR, it clearly said in the description:

'GameCube, Controller, SCART Lead.'
Mon 14/10/02 at 14:47
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Maverick42 wrote:
> So what do you get in the box then? That's SCART, isn't it?

Nope, that is a composite cable with a Euro AV adapter - goes into a scart socket but that is where any similarity with a true RGB scart cable ends.

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.