GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/10/02 at 16:38
Regular
Just wondering.
Why do some of you hate Bill Gates and his Microsoft?
What's he done to you to make you hate him so much?

I only think he's a *face because his MSN randomly kicks me off in the middle of a convo.
Most annoying.

Also. How can you hate a Console? Or even the company that makes the consoles?
I don't get it.
"Fonee gaystation"
"my controller is beter than urs"
"mario is gay"
"x box is as big as my howse"
"my cats bref smels lyke cat foood"

So you have your Cube/Station'/XBox/Stick and Hoop and you love it, some of you even do kinky things with them. That’s all fine and dandy, but what I don't get is why some feel that they have to b*tch about other consoles/makers/whatever.
Does it make you feel big?
What has that console/maker done to you to make you hate them so much?

Please, indulge me.
Sun 13/10/02 at 16:38
Regular
Just wondering.
Why do some of you hate Bill Gates and his Microsoft?
What's he done to you to make you hate him so much?

I only think he's a *face because his MSN randomly kicks me off in the middle of a convo.
Most annoying.

Also. How can you hate a Console? Or even the company that makes the consoles?
I don't get it.
"Fonee gaystation"
"my controller is beter than urs"
"mario is gay"
"x box is as big as my howse"
"my cats bref smels lyke cat foood"

So you have your Cube/Station'/XBox/Stick and Hoop and you love it, some of you even do kinky things with them. That’s all fine and dandy, but what I don't get is why some feel that they have to b*tch about other consoles/makers/whatever.
Does it make you feel big?
What has that console/maker done to you to make you hate them so much?

Please, indulge me.
Sun 13/10/02 at 16:43
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
i have developed a general hate for microsoft and everything they stand for. I have spent many hours swearing at my computer after getting illegible error messages which make no sense. Also the fact they now want you to pay for hotmail is rather annoying (well you don't have to but if you don't pay you have a limit on your inbox size) and the MSN thing, it just stops every so often, did it 3 times in 10 mins when i was trying to send a small file. Also i just don't like anything about the Xbox, and the fact that MS tried to buy nintendo is just an insult. They really have no idea bout consoles. The PS2 is pretty cool though. Much better than the xbox at least.
Sun 13/10/02 at 16:43
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They also argue about who's calculator is better at reducing to linear form.
Sun 13/10/02 at 16:46
Regular
Semajal wrote:
> . Also i just don't
> like anything about the Xbox

Have you actually played with one for longer than five minutes?
What don't you like about it? Tell me five GOOD reasons why you don't like the XBox.
Sun 13/10/02 at 16:53
Regular
"Selected"
it makes me feel like a man.

and the one about mario is true.
Sun 13/10/02 at 16:58
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Semajal wrote:
> Also the fact
> they now want you to pay for hotmail is rather annoying (well you
> don't have to but if you don't pay you have a limit on your inbox
> size)

Theres always been a size limit on Hotmail, you pay to have expanded facilities... Do you also hate Yahoo, and most of the other free e-mail providers who now do the same thing (did'nt Yahoo originally start the trend?)...

> and the MSN thing, it just stops every so often, did it 3 times
> in 10 mins when i was trying to send a small file.

I've not used a messenger that doesnt fall over quite frequently... ICQ is always falling over, Yahoo messenger has problems if both users arnt using excatly the same version, and forces you to upgrade, etc... If nothing else, the service they provide is free.

> They really have no idea bout consoles.
Whereas Sony were the console kings pre-96?

Sorry about this, I don't mean to interrupt other peoples discussions, the reasons just seemed a little odd?
Sun 13/10/02 at 17:05
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
"So you have your Cube/Station'/XBox/Stick and Hoop and you love it, some of you even do kinky things with them. That’s all fine and dandy, but what I don't get is why some feel that they have to b*tch about other consoles/makers/whatever."

Why not? It's fun destroying someone elses creation, especially if raised on millions of pounds/dollars. We should all follow the example of these people and go around destroying the economy, plunging the world into madness before we are all swallowed by a wormhole.

Thrilling stuff.

"Does it make you feel big?"

Read above. And yes.

"What has that console/maker done to you to make you hate them so much?"

Produce a game that is so bad it should be stuffed in my pants or a game so excellent that we have to shun it to sound brilliantly controversial.

Good enough reasons for ye!? :)
Sun 13/10/02 at 17:08
Regular
Not really, no.
Sun 13/10/02 at 17:13
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Fine. I understand when my sentiments are unrequired. Of I shall sod.
Sun 13/10/02 at 17:59
Regular
Heh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.