GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No One Lives Forever 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'No One Lives Forever 2'.
Sun 13/10/02 at 20:54
Regular
Anyone played this?

I downloaded the demo and it really is pretty cool. Feels more like a console FPS than a PC one. Lot's of cool gadgets to use. Nice graphics. And funny too: not in the cringeworthy style of normal comedy games, but subtle stuff, like finding a love letter on the guard you just killed, or overhearing a conversation about the symbolism of the HARM salute.

Reccomended, anyway.
Thu 31/10/02 at 15:11
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Of course you know which one I'd say ;)

I think that despite the length of the game as well as a few mis-placed spwan points on some of the stealth missions, NOLF2 is a great game and great sequel.

I hope sierra turn this into a continuing series of games, it's certainly one franchise which seems to have a bright future ahead of it.
Thu 31/10/02 at 14:25
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
If I won another GAD I would be stuck for choice between NOLF 2, Age of Mythology, and FIFA 2003. I'd better not try and win one then because I don't think I could choose one over another. :-)
Thu 31/10/02 at 13:40
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Use the banannas on the coppers, they'll slip and knock themselves out for a bit. The bananna is the funniest weapon in the game, I never get tired of using it.
Thu 31/10/02 at 12:16
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Onto chapter 7 now (in India). Blummin' cops are just plain annoying...you go to hide in a dark corner somewhere, everything's fine for a min or two, and then they find you and you can't escape! Grr...

Not quite sure where to put the bug just yet. (Don't tell me mind.) :)
Tue 29/10/02 at 20:21
Regular
Once you complete Chapter 4, the game gets A LOT better :D
Tue 29/10/02 at 17:53
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Went out and bought the game today. Started it on Normal and, I must say, I didn't particularly enjoy the first chapter.
However, now I'm on chapter 4 in siberia and it's become rather good. :D

There are a few minor quibbles, like the rubbish handling on the snow mobile and the lack of variation from the original game, but overall I'm loving every minute of it.
Searching bodies can become a bit of a hassle after a while, but some of the items you find on the baddies are rather humourous. I found some eyelash curlers on a female ninja and then found the very same item on a MALE guard! How odd...
Thu 24/10/02 at 18:08
Regular
Hrmm...I see no point on starting a game on Hard as you need to get to grips with how the game plays etc... On a Hard setting, it's gonna take a lot longer to do this. If you start on Easy, you can get to grips with how the game plays with a diffuculty curve to suit this.
Thu 24/10/02 at 16:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I don't find it skillful quicksaving when ever I fell I'm in trouble, it kind of kills any tension or atmosphere in the game, and isn't really that challanging. That's why I don't use it much myself, I prefer getting through as much of the game as possible as apposed to quicksaving ever couple of minutes.

I like games like Operation Flashpoint, it kindly gives you the ability to quicksave, but it's limited to one save per mission. It Keeps the tension and challanges freah and alive throughout the game, as apposed to just quickly saving you're game whenever you're in trouble.

Either way, I'll just conclude with, I'll play whatever game I want on whatever difficulty setting I want, so I choose easy when you'd choose har, big deal, it's still the same game, and it's still fun to play.
Thu 24/10/02 at 15:35
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
I see quicksave as no worse than completing a game on easy mode before playing it properly. Both methods give you advance knowledge of the game, but quicksaving on harder levels still retains some tension, as it still tests your abilities despite you having advance knowledge.
Thu 24/10/02 at 15:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yep, too bloody often though. I don't really like quicksaves that much, though in some games I couldn't do without them, such as Project IGI which has no quicksave, or normal save function at all. That can get very anoyying.

Most of the time though I think they defeat the purpose of playing the game. You can come to points in a game you're not sure of, all you need to do is quicksave before hand then charge out. If you get killed, you know who killed you and how many of them there are so you vcan prepare better when you reload. Sure it helps getting through tough areas of games, but then that means there's no real point in playing the game if you want to be challanged.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.