GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters Delay Forces MASSIVE Triple A game clash!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/10/02 at 12:03
Regular
Whilst X-box and PS2 fans enjoy the release of Timesplitters 2 on the 18th Gamecube will get theres a week later due to Nintendo being very slow at churning out games.... or so we thought.

It turns out Nintendo are even slower so we'll get it two weeks after the X-box and PS2 release on no less than 1st Novemeber, this clashes with the storming release of:

Eternal Darkness...

Sheeesh what a lot of playing and paying... lucky I have both claimed...
Sun 20/10/02 at 19:19
Regular
"Festivus!"
All I want is Mario Party 4, Wario World, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4, Doshin, Animal Crossing, Virtua Striker 2002 and a bunch of others.
Sun 20/10/02 at 16:42
Regular
Vottanator wrote:
> Starfox - Amazing.

Agreed :D.

> MoH:F - not worth it (got it on the PS2 and it's apparently identical
> on GC which means still no damn mulitplayer!!!)

I don't know where you read this but I know one thing - it isn't true. The GameCube version will come with a multiplayer options, enhanced graphics and speed and other extras. A great game to look forward to.

> James Bond Nightfire - anything like Agent Under Fire and it'll suck
> big time.

Indeed, and that's why it won't be like Agent Under Fire. It's being made by a different branch of EA, and looks fantastic. One of the first person shooters of the year, methinks.

> Wavebird - a pad without a wire. Hardly something to go wild about.

Well, it is if you hate people tripping over your wires, getting them tangled up, having that restricted feeling whilst playing, etc. With all that, plus the features of the other controller, it sounds very good.
Sat 19/10/02 at 19:14
Regular
Yeah I think it is, Medal of Honour comes out on the same day and I want both games judging from recent shots of Nightfire.
Sat 19/10/02 at 18:10
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Pretty sure James Bond Nightfire is 29th November and not 22nd.

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 19/10/02 at 15:53
Regular
Hucking fell, I now have a predicament, i've got Timesplitters 2 on GAD and I was intending on marching down to GAME on release day...well maybe not marching cause that would just look strange, and picking up my Eternal Darkness.

Somehow I doubt i'll have much motivation to treck to town when i've got so called Goldeneye 2 sitting at home just gagging to be played. Looks like I wont be getting Eternal Darkness on launch day then.

*shakes fist*

Damn you Nintendo, damn you to hell
Sat 19/10/02 at 15:00
Regular
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Wavebird is great if you have children, as they no longer trip over
> the wire, so your wife no longer shouts at you, and tells you to stop
> playing games.
>
> ;o)

And the moral to the story...dont have kids...or even a wife to have the kids with.
Sat 19/10/02 at 14:39
Regular
"not dead"
Wavebird is great if you have children, as they no longer trip over the wire, so your wife no longer shouts at you, and tells you to stop playing games.

;o)
Sat 19/10/02 at 14:33
Regular
I disagree, the Wavebird it worth it.

It seems to me like the design has changed slightly too, namely the D-pad which is raised slighlty more, the extra size makes it even more comfortable and the added weight at the back makes for a perfect balance with your hands.

It is a better pad than the original, plus the no wires thing is brilliant.
Sat 19/10/02 at 13:17
Regular
Vottanator wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
Wavebird
>
> [Faints]
>
>
>
> Let's take a closer look.
>
> Starfox - Amazing.

Yep.

> MoH:F - not worth it (got it on the PS2 and it's apparently identical
> on GC which means still no damn mulitplayer!!!)

But it is an awesome game nevertheless.

> James Bond Nightfire - anything like Agent Under Fire and it'll suck
> big time.

But it wont cause it isnt made by the same people it is made by the awesome Eurocom team.

> Wavebird - a pad without a wire. Hardly something to go wild about.

Yeah but its rather cool i think and clever, and with the distance from the tv for me damn useful... Also it lets you move easier.
Thu 17/10/02 at 17:28
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Maverick42 wrote:
> You guys should also take a look at the 22nd November...
>
> StarFox Adventures
> Medal Of Honour: Frontline
> James Bond 007: Nightfire
> Nintendo Wavebird
>
> [Faints]

Let's take a closer look.

Starfox - Amazing.
MoH:F - not worth it (got it on the PS2 and it's apparently identical on GC which means still no damn mulitplayer!!!)
James Bond Nightfire - anything like Agent Under Fire and it'll suck big time.
Wavebird - a pad without a wire. Hardly something to go wild about.

Can I just ask, how many people actually need a wavebird? The wire on the normal pad is long enough. Tangling of wires isn't THAT much of a problem. People will buy it for the novelty factor alone.....

.....then lose it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.