GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I shouldn't be asking this here, but..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/10/02 at 17:57
Regular
... does anybody know how to install mod chips? I've never done it before, but I really want one for my Xbox so I can use things such as Mame and buy import games. Honestly, I wouldn't ever copy games so SR please don't delete this.

Thing is, I'm not quite sure what to do. I can get somebody at my dad's work to do it, but I wouldn't know what he should unscrew, and what he should and shouldn't do. Of course, there are instructions for the enigmah chip, but they don't really explain it fully.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tue 15/10/02 at 17:57
Regular
"¬_¬"
... does anybody know how to install mod chips? I've never done it before, but I really want one for my Xbox so I can use things such as Mame and buy import games. Honestly, I wouldn't ever copy games so SR please don't delete this.

Thing is, I'm not quite sure what to do. I can get somebody at my dad's work to do it, but I wouldn't know what he should unscrew, and what he should and shouldn't do. Of course, there are instructions for the enigmah chip, but they don't really explain it fully.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tue 15/10/02 at 18:00
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Do you have a 'Computer Exchange' shop near you? I know they do illegal chipping coz my mates have had their playstations done there, im sure they'll do Xbox too. If not im sure you will be able to find a pirate website on how to do it, the internet is a big place...
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:12
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
I hope this doesn't offend you but somebody just might press the big red ban button on the keyboard
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:15
Regular
I don't think CEX do it anymore :c) If you live in Croydon, New Age Console'll do it for ya.
Regular
"Hmmm....."
NAUGHTY!

I wouldnt think of chipping any of my consoles, ever!

NAUGHTY NAUGHTY ½ PINT!
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Some of the Xbox chips require very few wires. I think it's the X-Cuter or something, and that's the one that allows you to put in a new HDD and basically change everything, including giving it a new dashboard.

It costs £30, and as it is so few wires, you could probably fit it yourself. Do some research on xbox hacking sites (just search Yahoo for Xbox hacks), although I'm not sure if that spelling was correct.
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:16
Regular
Yeah, naughty ½ Pi...I mean, NAUGHTY HERC! No shouting at people!
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:18
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Sorry...

Anyways, if you are on MSN now give us your addy and we will invite you into out convo.

Tom is in here and he has chipped his XBox by himself, he knows how to do it and all that mumbo jumbo.

Im sure he will help you.

:-)
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:19
Regular
Indeed, Master Tom!
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:22
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Hercules! wrote:
> Tom is in here and he has chipped his XBox by himself, he knows how to
> do it and all that mumbo jumbo.

Umm...no I haven't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.