GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smackdown 4: Shut Your Mouth Impressions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'WWE SmackDown: Shut your mouth'.
Wed 16/10/02 at 08:57
Regular
The website I write for received a 99% completed build of Smackdown 4 the other day from those lovely people at THQ. My mate (and editor coincidentally) posted a few impressions, here's a few choice cuts from a couple posts over at the forum.

I can confirm a few things about Smackdown 4 in my upcoming preview.

Any specific questions? I'll take care of them here.

Stone Cold Steve Austin IS in Smackdown 4, but just like in real life, he doesn't start with either the Raw or Smackdown! brands. If you choose to play the season mode as Austin, you can choose which brand to work for...AFTER the main draft has been done.

The story mode is quite simply, STUNNING in every way.

Brock Lesnar is also in SD4. I've just been killed by him in a handicap match. Ken Barnes vs Chris Jericho & Brock Lesnar. OUCH!

Ok folks,
Smackdown 4 is out on November 15th.

Hell in the Cell is VERY impressive. If you've played the Gamecube version of WMX8, it's closer to that size than the one in Smackdown: JBI.

Create a wrestler has been worked on MAJORLY. Instead of having hundreds of pieces listed under "Shirts", you get "Shirts >> Patterned" and "Shirts >> Plain" as well as two others.

You can also pull the face around, as well as individual parts of it, to make it look even better.

Thre are now 18 original pieces of music (some poor, some very cool) to accompany your wrestler to the ring, and you can also use The Union Underground RAW Theme or Marilyn Manson's Beautiful People (Smackdown! Theme) if you like.

I forgot to add that in season mode, you can attack a wrestler after a match, and taunt him too. When you run interference, you choose when to join the match, as you start at the top of the stage, which is cool also.

Chair shots are VERY VERY VERY cool too. Even sweeter when you knock the ref out by throwing him into the exposed turnbuckle (you can remove the pads), grab a chair from under the ring, run in, smack your opponent in the face and cover him illegally, with your feet on the ropes (which the referee rarely sees, if ever).

VERY sweet so far, with no major bugs or problems that aren't related to the fact that it is a preview release.

I couldn't see a two player season mode, no.

The commentary on the build I have is a "first attempt" (THQ's words, not mine) and is very sparse to say the least. J.R and The King seem to do a half decent job so far anyway.

When they've fixed the commentary, I have no doubt that it will be excellent. THQ say they are going for a "less is more" approach with it, so no stupid rambling about nothing constantly.

Another thing that THQ have said exists (that I couldn't see) was the ability to transfer your CAW's with a password. You make your wrestler, get the password, give it to your friend and when they put the password in on their PS2, they have the same wrestler Excellent for the hundreds of CAW-dedicated sites out there

I've taken a few fuzzy screenshots with me digital camera (straight photos of the TV, so not amazing) and I'll post them here in a sec.

http://www.rewiredmind.com/viewtopic.php?t=933

Tue 22/10/02 at 14:37
this game looks coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
im ordering as i type this game will be the best wrestling game
so far but things can only get better
Tue 22/10/02 at 14:17
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Damn right.
Tue 22/10/02 at 13:43
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Damn your excited
Tue 22/10/02 at 11:28
Regular
"Hmmm....."
It would work, trust me.

Could you ask your mate if he could get me a copy then... i'll get him something nice in return.

His photo's and FAQ better be good.
Tue 22/10/02 at 08:35
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Hehe :) Unless you have a chipped PS2 it ain't gonna work mate ;) Besides, I don't have it. Me mate (and editor ;) has it at the moment putting together a FAQ as well as taking a number of screenshots.
Mon 21/10/02 at 22:36
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Pop.

Im gonna make you get me a copy of that BETA if its the last thing I ever do!

Go on, you know you want to. Just copy it and send it my way.

I shall do something nice in return. Send you a mystery package or something.

Mkay.
Fri 18/10/02 at 17:29
Regular
"Hmmm....."
So you gonna send me a copy then?

:-D
Fri 18/10/02 at 12:00
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
El blokey wrote:
> Are the CAW parts still 'shirt 0001' or do they have proper labels,
> like 'wwf authority shirt'?

"The CAW parts ARE called by numbers, but you get a preview now, with little "thumbnail" images of the items, so you don't have to click on each one to see what it is."

Taken from the website Rewired Mind
Thu 17/10/02 at 20:41
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Are the CAW parts still 'shirt 0001' or do they have proper labels, like 'wwf authority shirt'?
Wed 16/10/02 at 20:06
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Im afraid not.

But this game will rule anyways.

Womens matches suck... but the women are good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.