GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The return of Spy vs Spy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Spy Vs Spy'.
Wed 16/10/02 at 21:51
Regular
OH MY GOD I NEARLY HAD A HEART ATTACK WHEN I READ THIS
100% CREDIT TO CODEJUNKIES.COM

In a move that's guaranteed to bring a tear to the eye of hardened retro gamers, the classic Spy vs Spy cartoon is to make a return to the world of videogames.
TDK Interactive is planning to reintroduce the two warring characters, The Black Spy and The White Spy, on "next generation gaming console systems". The two characters originated from a cartoon in cult US tome MAD Magazine, in which the two secret agents spend their entire time trying to dispose of each other Tom and Jerry style.

Originally published by First Star Software in 1984 for the Atari 4/800, C-64 and Apple II computers, Spy vs Spy was the world's first ever split-screen multiplayer game. Players moved from room to room collecting items, setting traps and engaging in hand to hand combat.
Fri 18/10/02 at 10:58
"You love us!"
Amazing game, Spy Vs Spy 3: Artic Antics was utter, utter class.

Although the first two weren’t bad either!

I think the second game in the series, The Island Caper, was prolly my second fave of the series. I never really much liked the first game; the setting (a foreign embassy) never really struck me as being that good.

In SvsS 3 the best thing in the world was setting a row of bombs, then placing one of the required items (key card, rocket fuel pack etc) on the other side of the bombs. Then you retreat with the remote plunger detonator, and waiting for your opponent to try and get across – excellent stuff.

Bet the make a complete feck up of the remake. Get it on an emulator and experience it as it was meant to be played. In fact, I may do just that when I get home.
Fri 18/10/02 at 10:27
"You love us!"
Amazing game, Spy Vs Spy 3: Artic Antics was utter, utter class.

Although the first two weren’t bad either!

I think the second game in the series, The Island Caper, was prolly my second fave of the series. I never really much liked the first game; the setting (a foreign embassy) never really struck me as being that good.

In SvsS 3 the best thing in the world was setting a row of bombs, then placing one of the required items (key card, rocket fuel pack etc) on the other side of the bombs. Then you retreat with the remote plunger detonator, and waiting for your opponent to try and get across – excellent stuff.

Bet the make a complete feck up of the remake. :-)

Get it on an emulator and experience it as it was meant to be played. In fact, I may do just that when I get home. :-)
Thu 17/10/02 at 21:27
Regular
i played that game.
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I was too young for that era.
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:49
Regular
"not dead"
I had this on the Acorn Electron.

Setting traps and waiting was so much fun.

Forgetting where you'd put them wasn't.
Thu 17/10/02 at 17:09
"Darkness, always"
CLASS!!

I played this for days at a time on the NES!!!
Thu 17/10/02 at 17:08
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Shut your mouth Grix

whit ye lukin at
Thu 17/10/02 at 17:07
Regular
Mm. Hope they do it right.
Wed 16/10/02 at 22:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I have spy vs spy. Where is it?
Wed 16/10/02 at 21:58
Regular
"Festivus!"
Never owned it, but everyone I know whos played it, loved it... Is it a joke?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.