GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Horizontal Stand"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/04/02 at 12:05
Regular
Why???? All it does is lift your ps2 about 2cms off the ground. Biggest money grabbing scheme I've ever seen.
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:26
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Wow! take a chill pill!
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:25
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
WHATEVER THE PEOPLE IN EB SAY:

*The don't EVER get exclusive info on what's happening! They just work there and tell you rumours they read off the web.

*They don't know anything more about gaming that most of the people on this site! I oculd easily apply for, and get a job at EB!

*Vertical standing of your PS2 is fine- the console was even designed to do it!
Sat 06/04/02 at 10:58
Regular
The vertical stand looks cooler, but the Horizontal one just slots underneath, there's no point.
Fri 05/04/02 at 21:55
"High polygon count"
Yep, it does seem more than a little stupid. If they're going to talk people out of buying them, why stock them?!
Fri 05/04/02 at 21:51
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
It may have only been the staff that advised not to buy a vertical stand and not the owner of the shop who probably ordered the stamds. I'm pretty sure that the staff of EB's shops are not to sell everything but to make sure that their custemers are happy with their products. The point of havingf a vertical stand is simply to add a bit of colour to your room. When your friends come round to your house you will have something to show off about (it may not be much but it's something).
Fri 05/04/02 at 21:45
Regular
"360: swfcman"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

The
> horizontal stand is for aesthetics only (for the young and/or stupid among you,
> that means it makes it look nice),

That hurt.

I cant understand what EB were doing here though, telling someone not to buy something, doesnt sound like there correct policy does it. I thought it was in there best interest to sell everything they could.
Fri 05/04/02 at 21:39
"High polygon count"
The_Flying_Hawkstar wrote:
> well when i went into EB and was going to buy a vertical stand they said that it
> can mess your laser in your PS2 up if you have it standing Vertical and said
> it's your choice if you buy it but we don't recommend it.

EB are talking bollards - what more can I say?

I've had my PS2 since launch day, and it's been standing vertical in an official stand since a few days after that, and it hasn't damaged *any* of the discs that have been played in it, whether they're games, DVD's or CD's.

The PS2 is designed to operate horizontally or vertically, and apart from some problem units at launch, it plays equally well whichever way you have it.

The horizontal stand is for aesthetics only (for the young and/or stupid among you, that means it makes it look nice), as the PS2 is perfectly stable when placed in the horizontal position.

The vertical stand, while not a necessity, is certainly highly recommended. It grips your PS2 tightly, and provides a wider surface area at the base, meaning it's much harder to knock the machine over. Doesn't matter which one you get, as they all do the same job - but the official one really sets off your PS2 nicely, and just looks so much better than any of the others.

If you have your PS2 in the vertical position, I highly recommend one - £10 versus the possibility of a broken PS2; it's your choice.
Fri 05/04/02 at 19:00
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
thats strange i thought they were suppose to encourage you to buy stuff.
Fri 05/04/02 at 18:02
Regular
well when i went into EB and was going to buy a vertical stand they said that it can mess your laser in your PS2 up if you have it standing Vertical and said it's your choice if you buy it but we don't recommend it.
Fri 05/04/02 at 17:30
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i would'nt buy a vertical stand i'm fine with just the ps2 and besides its strange to put cd's in side ways.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.