GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vice City goes gold"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Thu 17/10/02 at 13:33
Regular
From http://uk.playstation.com

-----

We don't usually bother with this kind of thing, but seeing as it is the biggest game in the known universe, we though you might like to know it's finished.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City has gone gold, which is industry parlance to say that the programmers have stopped fiddling with it and the game is now being manufactured. And with an estimated four million pre-orders, spare a thought for the poor souls working overtime at the pressing plant.

We'll be running the exclusive review in issue #27 of Official PlayStation 2 Magazine, on sale 1 November, but for now let's just say that the few flaws with the last game have been fixed and everything you wanted is in there. Motorbikes, whoo hoo!

So that's it then. No more slips and not much longer to wait. Nothing to do now but kick back and mix yourself a big banana daiquiri. Badda-bing!

*Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is released exclusively for PS2 on 8 November, published by Take 2.
Thu 17/10/02 at 13:33
"High polygon count"
From http://uk.playstation.com

-----

We don't usually bother with this kind of thing, but seeing as it is the biggest game in the known universe, we though you might like to know it's finished.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City has gone gold, which is industry parlance to say that the programmers have stopped fiddling with it and the game is now being manufactured. And with an estimated four million pre-orders, spare a thought for the poor souls working overtime at the pressing plant.

We'll be running the exclusive review in issue #27 of Official PlayStation 2 Magazine, on sale 1 November, but for now let's just say that the few flaws with the last game have been fixed and everything you wanted is in there. Motorbikes, whoo hoo!

So that's it then. No more slips and not much longer to wait. Nothing to do now but kick back and mix yourself a big banana daiquiri. Badda-bing!

*Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is released exclusively for PS2 on 8 November, published by Take 2.
Thu 17/10/02 at 13:57
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yes! Brilliant!

I shall be picking up my copy on Wednesday 6th November - (it's CA Games doing that 'we get games earlier than you' thing again) and I'm probably going to spend the whole week just getting to grips with it. It's meant to be so much different!

I can't wait!
Thu 17/10/02 at 15:06
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
WhooooooHoooooo

Great news, just hope that SR get my copy to my house on the launch day, maybe even a day early if they're feeling generous :D

Cheers Wookiee
Thu 17/10/02 at 15:07
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Excellent!
*plays air guitar*
Thu 17/10/02 at 15:18
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
If they get anymore pre-orders perhaps it will go Platinum before release and we can all get it for £19.99?

Nah, thought not...
Thu 17/10/02 at 15:33
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Nah, thought not...

Hehe....yeah you wish
Thu 17/10/02 at 22:59
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Got to remember to pre-order it very soon, or all the copies will be sold out til 2009. Also got to get Burnout 2 for PS2, seeing as the XBox(version I wanted) and GC versions will never make it. And also get TS2 for XBox and CMR3 for Xbox as well. Getting SMS on monday, so will have loads of great games to play :)
Thu 17/10/02 at 23:17
"High polygon count"
adrian wrote:
> Also got to get Burnout 2 for PS2, seeing as the XBox(version I wanted)
> and GC versions will never make it.

???

Explain?
Thu 17/10/02 at 23:25
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
WOOHOO!
i would have this pre-ordered except i'm saving my money up for once.
Ah well!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.