GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Look's like this message board needs a bit more Hip Hop?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/04/02 at 21:47
Regular
Whadup...
You know you cant resist hip hop.
Ruff Ryders, The LOX, Nas... you knows its heavy!
Holla
Fri 12/04/02 at 14:03
Regular
"95% organic"
For me, British hip-hop is much easier to relate to (see my other hip-hop thread), but in terms of the big commercial acts from the States, there's definitely some heavy material out there:

De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Tha Liks, Dilated Peoples, Slum Village, Outkast, Pharoah Monche, Mos Def, Ugly Duckling... anything of that ilk is gonna appeal to a wide range of peeps.
Thu 04/04/02 at 11:28
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
You saw the Gravediggaz live? bit different...
Anyone like Pinky Rings? all my mates hate it :(
I thought 'the W' was pretty crap, Still think U-God and Raekwon are good solo artists, shame masta Killa hasn't released anything solo yet.
Anyway Gravediggaz, 1800 Suicides got a cool baseline, but the lyrics are a bit sick, not so sure about the plot of Diary of a Madman :) just sums up RZA I guess.
Thu 04/04/02 at 01:57
He died of cancer in 2000 or 2001, I forget. But if you haven't listened to the Pick, the Sickle and the Shovel, you really must. Dangerous Minds is one of the most intense, descriptive hiphop songs ever made. You cannot believe how good this track is. Yeah, Liquid Swords is so dark and mysterious, RZA rates this as his production at its peak, 36 chambers being his introduction I guess. It's one of the least owned Wu Tang albums but one of the very best (for me, 3rd best).

*Phoney n**gaz'll get outlined in chalk*

It's nice to meet a true wu tang fan.
Thu 04/04/02 at 00:50
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Poetic is dead?
Damn, when?

I got the first album (title wont get past the filter and could be seen as offensive) and that stands as one of my fav hip-hop albums.

"1800-Suicide" "Diary of a Madman" and "Pass The Shovel" are fantastic.

And the other album I keep coming back to time and time again is "Liquid Swords" by The Gza.
Supreme rapping with razor sharp Rza production again.

One of the best gigs was watching Collapsed Lung, Dub War and The Gravediggaz at Nottingham Rock City a few years ago.
Top evening
Thu 04/04/02 at 00:33
Westwood's patter is diabolical, but we have to respect what he's done for the UK hiphop scene. Thanks to him, the UK can get *some* big names to appear in the UK, he's played at Funkmaster Flex's club The Tunnel and he is theprincipal promoter of UK hiphop acts.

By the way, The Gravediggaz are ridiculously good, unfortunately Poetic is now deceased (R.I.P.) but their second album was sensational, truly magnificent. Standout track was Dangerous Minds (#2) which blew me away.
Wed 03/04/02 at 23:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Westwood is from Cambridge, the son of a vicar.

And he can't be for real, nobody can be that stupid sounding without someone saying "Look Tim, you realise how bloody dumb you are?"

I think he's putting on an act.
Wed 03/04/02 at 23:41
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Mark B and Blade are cool, think they're the best Hip-Hop artists in the UK. I got a lot of respect for them when they had an interview.
All they said was "you don't have to be Black, or come from a Ghetto as long as you've got something worth saying, and got a real intrest in it"
Pretty boring, but I guess it's true, sad thing is White rappers don't get anywhere, Eninem's an exception because he really is such a damn good rapper, freestyles too.

New Flesh is also quite good, but they're only in it because of Roots Manuva, and just want some money and a new image.

I don't see why everyone instantly gives a stereotype to Rappers, the way they speak is how they are, it's not an act, it's seems a bit weird, but then they'd no doubt laugh at all of you.

Tim Westwood's a joke, i've got no idea how he got so far, wheres he from again? Peckham? bah, hardly going to say hes bad, hes known worldwide so hes obviously doing something right.

Busta Rhymes is probably my favourite rapper, Method man's found his way back onto my track lists too, not so sure about The LOX anymore, they've kinda faded away. NAS?...meh, guess he's ok, I think hes better on other artist's tracks.

Bah, and nelly, whats he doing with NSync? ok, hes had about 3 good tunes in his career, I definatly think he should give up now...what a shame.
Wed 03/04/02 at 23:06
Regular
"I like cheese"
Double R wrote:
... you
> knows its heavy!

Really?? I didn't know sound actually weighed anything...I suppose it could be possible, but still, it must be quite hard to constitute "heavy" or "light."

My CD collection weighs around 20lbs, maybe.
Wed 03/04/02 at 22:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Lodge wrote:
My favorite is the
> all english Mark B and Blade

The Blade from Armenia?
That Blade?
"The Unknown" "There's no Stopping Us" etc?

I like hip-hop but that doesn't mean I feel the need to speak like a "gangsta" on a keyboard.
Homies.

Word to yo mutha, you dawgin' G.

See, it's just silly.

Now go listen to The Gravediggaz and Next Men.
Now.
Wed 03/04/02 at 22:50
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Jurrasic 5 are really cool and i like Nas to he's got a really cool urban new york sound, x-exutioners is utter crap.

Cypress hill used to be so cool but they went for that rock/rap pap

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.