GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Console Story"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/10/02 at 18:19
Regular
What if consoles where people do you ever stop to think what if there was a console personified (not that you would ever see the need to)well I had that very thought last night (boredom strikes!) and decided to make a post/playscript of it.

Story:
The 4 characters are mates (just like real life then) and all trying to be a footballer. They all attend an special academy.

Characters:

G.Cube: The shy member of the group not rich and not got natural talent like P.Station but tries hard.

P.Station: The natural talent member again not exceedingly wealthy but not bad off.

X.Box: Rich and spoilt skills not over good but buys his way in to things.

S.Ega: Not to gooder player but a good teacher.

Teacher: Duh

Act 1 Scene 1

Ega and Cube have been at school for a few years and are surprised to hear that there is a late addition to the academy P.Station who has moved from the electronics academy…

Lights up Ega and Cube sat at desks already enter teacher with Station.

Ega: [dubiously] Ah here’s that Station kid

Cube: Oh yea I’ve heard he’s pretty good at electronics why the hell is he coming here!

Ega: Who knows we’ll soon see if he’s up to much though

Cube: Yup

Teacher: Ok Ok enough of the chatter boys id like you both to meet the new student P.Station. Station you sit over there next to Cube and we’ll begin.

Station walks confidently over to the desk and takes out his pen and paper.

Cube: [as an undertone] Look at him strolling around ha we’ll soon see!

Ega: (nods)

Teacher: (claps hands together soundlessly) Right then if were all ready lets begin…

Scene 2

Ega and Cube walking to the dorms after school Station has already been shunned out thus has gone back already.

Cube: What an idiot he wasn’t even paying attention on his first day!

Ega: Yea but he DID get all of the questions right.

Cube: [incredulously] yea I know! He’s just good naturally lucky git.

Ega: yea we’ll soon see just how good we’ve got a match at 5 mind you its my last chance I haven’t scored since that double just when we first came here.

Cube: Yea I’ve gotta try hard this time to otherwise I’ll slip.

Scene 3

Ega and cube prepared well for the match and Station didn’t yet station scored a hat-trick Cube scored one but Ega didn’t score but has decided to go in to coaching.

Cube: Yes I scored but I cant believe Station is THAT good. He’s like a freakin machine!!

Ega: [slightly disappointedly] Yea I don’t know how he did it but I kinda think we should lay off him a bit now.

Cube: [half heartedly] Yea I guess you’re right.

Scene 4
Ega and Cube are in the dorm with Station attempting a reconciliation…

Enter Cube first then Ega Station on his Bed reading a magazine.

Cube: Um hi Saturn wocha readin’?

Station: [snappily] Whadda you care and its Station not Saturn.

Cube: Yea about the way we were before we were kinda hasty to judge sorry bout that, [hopefully] truce?

Ega: Yea I’m sorry to. You played really well today where did you learn that?

Station: Thanks its Ok I guess I was a bit arrogant and I didn’t really ever get taught I just kinda knew it ya know? It seemed just to… come?

Cube: Ha yea I know natural talent.

Act 2 Scene 1

Ega, Cube and Station have been friends for a few years when there is yet another late addition by this time there has been another game and Station Scored a hat-trick yet again.

The 3 are sitting at their desks chatting.

Enter teacher accompanied by a small lad with a pair of expensive shoes and a posh suit.

Teacher: Hi boys id like you to meet X.Box our latest addition to our elite group he’s come from Computer science.

Whilst Teacher is speaking Ega, Cube and Station are sizing up the new kid.

Cube: God look at the rich kid [sarcastically] I wonder how he got here!

Ega: [equally sarcastic and venomous] Heh yea I bet he worked hard.

The 3 chuckle as the Teacher begins to speak again.

Teacher: Right uh Box you can sit there yes next to Station yes thats right Ok then we haven’t much time so you may talk amongst yourselves until the bell goes.

Cube: Well lets just show him at training tonight what we can do that’ll put him off.

Scene 2

The boys have just finished training and Box has showed skills to outweigh all of the others yet hasn’t scored.
Ega didn’t play but gave them all save cube good advice (cube being to headstrong to want help)

Ega: You gotta admit guys he’s good

Station: Hell yea did you see those kick-ups. Phenomenal.

Cube: I guess we should make friends like we did with you Station.

Station: Yea I guess he’s probably Ok really.

Scene 3

The 4 have made friends and are now in their last year and Ega has just passed his coaches exam and the other 3 are just doing theirs…

Cube: god I’m gonna fail I know it

Station: Nah you’ll be Ok so will I and well Box can just pay em of any way haha

Box: sad but true

Cube: yea but you’ll pass anyway

Epilogue

The 3 friends passed, Cube through hard work and determination, Station through natural talent and Box despite the preconceptions passed through talent however un-natural.

So think about it and relate to real life you’ll see there isn’t too much difference.

Thanks for reading

R<>K
Sat 19/10/02 at 18:47
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Do u got msn messenger? if ya do add me - [email protected]
Sat 19/10/02 at 18:44
Kyz22 wrote:
> yeh, fools. Did you know that Alcoholics anonymous are sponsored by
> Carlsberg?

lol
Sat 19/10/02 at 18:42
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
yeh, fools. Did you know that Alcoholics anonymous are sponsored by Carlsberg?
Sat 19/10/02 at 18:39
Kyz22 wrote:
> lol lol yeah! why at an AA meeting so people stand up and say,
> "Hi im *** and im an alcoholic?" isnt the second word
> "anonymous!???"

no no thier anonymous in thier own way just people know thier names :-S
Sat 19/10/02 at 18:37
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
lol lol yeah! why at an AA meeting so people stand up and say, "Hi im *** and im an alcoholic?" isnt the second word "anonymous!???"
Sat 19/10/02 at 18:34
Kyz22 wrote:
> Yeah, maybe we should start a club, we can all sit in a darkened room
> weeping and shivering together.... oh wait, thats an AA meeting.

Yea but we could make the addition of whispering to each other "im sooo cold" and "there coming for me" hey wait no change again *slaps head* silly me!
Sat 19/10/02 at 18:31
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Yeah, maybe we should start a club, we can all sit in a darkened room weeping and shivering together.... oh wait, thats an AA meeting.
Sat 19/10/02 at 18:28
Kyz22 wrote:
> You have a dangerous amount of free time, nice story though! wasted a
> few minutes of my pitiful existance *sigh* lol

lol I know *sobs* thanks though and hey you read it so we are pitifull together good eh?
Sat 19/10/02 at 18:25
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
You have a dangerous amount of free time, nice story though! wasted a few minutes of my pitiful existance *sigh* lol
Sat 19/10/02 at 18:19
What if consoles where people do you ever stop to think what if there was a console personified (not that you would ever see the need to)well I had that very thought last night (boredom strikes!) and decided to make a post/playscript of it.

Story:
The 4 characters are mates (just like real life then) and all trying to be a footballer. They all attend an special academy.

Characters:

G.Cube: The shy member of the group not rich and not got natural talent like P.Station but tries hard.

P.Station: The natural talent member again not exceedingly wealthy but not bad off.

X.Box: Rich and spoilt skills not over good but buys his way in to things.

S.Ega: Not to gooder player but a good teacher.

Teacher: Duh

Act 1 Scene 1

Ega and Cube have been at school for a few years and are surprised to hear that there is a late addition to the academy P.Station who has moved from the electronics academy…

Lights up Ega and Cube sat at desks already enter teacher with Station.

Ega: [dubiously] Ah here’s that Station kid

Cube: Oh yea I’ve heard he’s pretty good at electronics why the hell is he coming here!

Ega: Who knows we’ll soon see if he’s up to much though

Cube: Yup

Teacher: Ok Ok enough of the chatter boys id like you both to meet the new student P.Station. Station you sit over there next to Cube and we’ll begin.

Station walks confidently over to the desk and takes out his pen and paper.

Cube: [as an undertone] Look at him strolling around ha we’ll soon see!

Ega: (nods)

Teacher: (claps hands together soundlessly) Right then if were all ready lets begin…

Scene 2

Ega and Cube walking to the dorms after school Station has already been shunned out thus has gone back already.

Cube: What an idiot he wasn’t even paying attention on his first day!

Ega: Yea but he DID get all of the questions right.

Cube: [incredulously] yea I know! He’s just good naturally lucky git.

Ega: yea we’ll soon see just how good we’ve got a match at 5 mind you its my last chance I haven’t scored since that double just when we first came here.

Cube: Yea I’ve gotta try hard this time to otherwise I’ll slip.

Scene 3

Ega and cube prepared well for the match and Station didn’t yet station scored a hat-trick Cube scored one but Ega didn’t score but has decided to go in to coaching.

Cube: Yes I scored but I cant believe Station is THAT good. He’s like a freakin machine!!

Ega: [slightly disappointedly] Yea I don’t know how he did it but I kinda think we should lay off him a bit now.

Cube: [half heartedly] Yea I guess you’re right.

Scene 4
Ega and Cube are in the dorm with Station attempting a reconciliation…

Enter Cube first then Ega Station on his Bed reading a magazine.

Cube: Um hi Saturn wocha readin’?

Station: [snappily] Whadda you care and its Station not Saturn.

Cube: Yea about the way we were before we were kinda hasty to judge sorry bout that, [hopefully] truce?

Ega: Yea I’m sorry to. You played really well today where did you learn that?

Station: Thanks its Ok I guess I was a bit arrogant and I didn’t really ever get taught I just kinda knew it ya know? It seemed just to… come?

Cube: Ha yea I know natural talent.

Act 2 Scene 1

Ega, Cube and Station have been friends for a few years when there is yet another late addition by this time there has been another game and Station Scored a hat-trick yet again.

The 3 are sitting at their desks chatting.

Enter teacher accompanied by a small lad with a pair of expensive shoes and a posh suit.

Teacher: Hi boys id like you to meet X.Box our latest addition to our elite group he’s come from Computer science.

Whilst Teacher is speaking Ega, Cube and Station are sizing up the new kid.

Cube: God look at the rich kid [sarcastically] I wonder how he got here!

Ega: [equally sarcastic and venomous] Heh yea I bet he worked hard.

The 3 chuckle as the Teacher begins to speak again.

Teacher: Right uh Box you can sit there yes next to Station yes thats right Ok then we haven’t much time so you may talk amongst yourselves until the bell goes.

Cube: Well lets just show him at training tonight what we can do that’ll put him off.

Scene 2

The boys have just finished training and Box has showed skills to outweigh all of the others yet hasn’t scored.
Ega didn’t play but gave them all save cube good advice (cube being to headstrong to want help)

Ega: You gotta admit guys he’s good

Station: Hell yea did you see those kick-ups. Phenomenal.

Cube: I guess we should make friends like we did with you Station.

Station: Yea I guess he’s probably Ok really.

Scene 3

The 4 have made friends and are now in their last year and Ega has just passed his coaches exam and the other 3 are just doing theirs…

Cube: god I’m gonna fail I know it

Station: Nah you’ll be Ok so will I and well Box can just pay em of any way haha

Box: sad but true

Cube: yea but you’ll pass anyway

Epilogue

The 3 friends passed, Cube through hard work and determination, Station through natural talent and Box despite the preconceptions passed through talent however un-natural.

So think about it and relate to real life you’ll see there isn’t too much difference.

Thanks for reading

R<>K

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.