GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA3 Error"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto 3'.
Mon 21/10/02 at 17:46
Regular
Sorry to start a pointless topic, but has anyone had an error on GTA3 where the text and menu graphics are all mucked up? if so, what should I do? I have already intstalled the patch from the site, but I'm not sure if I did it right though.

Please Help! I really want to play it, but this is making it almost immpossible to play it.
Mon 21/10/02 at 17:46
"+ suspicious minds"
Sorry to start a pointless topic, but has anyone had an error on GTA3 where the text and menu graphics are all mucked up? if so, what should I do? I have already intstalled the patch from the site, but I'm not sure if I did it right though.

Please Help! I really want to play it, but this is making it almost immpossible to play it.
Mon 21/10/02 at 19:08
now i had that problem on mine when i re-installed windows on my pc, so it was looking for all the old stuff. if u have re-installed windows then re-install the game, oh no wait hang on it was because i was missing a file of some sort, let me have a think and i will get bak to, if i can remember...
Tue 22/10/02 at 04:11
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I haven't experienced this problem yet with my game, but if I do come across it (so to speak) I'll let you know what happens.
(I like the dog food factory missions, mmmm a new flavour for the dogs this month)
Tue 22/10/02 at 10:12
Robin wrote:
> now i had that problem on mine when i re-installed windows on my pc,
> so it was looking for all the old stuff. if u have re-installed
> windows then re-install the game, oh no wait hang on it was because i
> was missing a file of some sort, let me have a think and i will get
> bak to, if i can remember...

sorry mate i had a look, had a think, and i just cant remember what i did.
Tue 22/10/02 at 10:31
"High polygon count"
Boss_Pac_Man wrote:
> Sorry to start a pointless topic, but has anyone had an error on GTA3
> where the text and menu graphics are all mucked up? if so, what should
> I do?

Buy the PS2 version! ;-p
Wed 23/10/02 at 10:54
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
WòókieeMøn§Ý€® wrote:

> Buy the PS2 version! ;-p

Get outta here!!

Actually come to think of it that's not too bad an idea. The PC performance is quite awful, even on my 1.4 Ghz Athlon.
Wed 23/10/02 at 11:00
Little Hobbo wrote:
> WòókieeMøn§Ý€® wrote:
>
> Buy the PS2 version! ;-p
>
> Get outta here!!
>
> Actually come to think of it that's not too bad an idea. The PC
> performance is quite awful, even on my 1.4 Ghz Athlon.

i dissagree, i think that is is better on the pc then it is on the ps2.
Wed 23/10/02 at 12:16
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Robin wrote:

> i dissagree, i think that is is better on the pc then it is on the
> ps2.

Obviously it has better features such as optional higher resolutions, but it's a system hog. So ones with worse sytems would be better off getting the PS2 version. See?
Wed 23/10/02 at 14:10
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Got GTA 3 for my PS2 and will be getting it's sequel for my console as well. I'd probably have gotten it for my PC if it wasn't for the fact not much has been changed from the console version except the graphics and MP3 option. Probably won't work well on my computer anyway.
Wed 23/10/02 at 14:58
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
cipro wrote:
> Probably won't work well on my computer anyway.

Almost definitely not, it has trouble on my 1.4 Ghz as it is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.