GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GE FORCE MX 440 GRAPHICS CARD"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/03/02 at 11:34
Regular
I just can't find anybody who has this flippin card. I have one on its way to me and want some no nonsense info on it from someone who has got one in there machine.
Sat 30/03/02 at 11:34
I just can't find anybody who has this flippin card. I have one on its way to me and want some no nonsense info on it from someone who has got one in there machine.
Sat 30/03/02 at 14:45
Regular
Hmmmm, I got 64MB MX 400 but I suppose that aint as good...
Sat 30/03/02 at 14:56
I have a NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX/MX 440 card, which I think is the same as yours, unless it's a GeForce 1 that you've ordered. Personally, I would have thought it more worthwhile to have got at least a GeForce 2, and even they're getting outdated now, as GeForce 4 is either just come out or is coming out soon. Anyway, GeForce tend to be good from how I've dealth with them, so it should be fine. It really depends which games you want to play on it. Out of curiosity, which games do you intend to play on it? The likes of Medal of Honour: Allied Assault and Grand Theft Auto 3 may be a little too much to handle. Hell, the system requirements for GTA3 are slightly higher than that of my monster-of-a-PC!

Anyway, good luck, and tell us how it goes, I'll be glad to try and offer some assistance as far as I can.
Sat 30/03/02 at 20:15
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Pantoffel, unless you're kidding, you have my permission to shut up. A monster of a PC?? Oh no, not with a GF2 MX 400 you haven't!!

And although more powerful than the GF2 MX, the GF4 MX isn't up to the standards of even the GF2 Ti. I'm sorry to say this, but you would've been far better off buying a GF3 Ti200 for something like £160. It's more powerful than anything in the GF2 range and half the price of a GF4 Ti4400/4600.

Geforce 2 MX - good in it's time, but now trully outdated.
Geforce 3 Ti200 - loads of power for little more than the price of a GF2 MX.
Geforce 4 Ti4400 - only get this card if you're as stupid as me.
Geforce 4 Ti 4600 - stop robbing banks.
Sat 30/03/02 at 20:29
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I wish I could upgrade to a GeForce 3, but my mother board only has PCI slots, and the new models need AGP. I guess I'll just have to stick with my GeForce 2 for the time being then.
Sun 31/03/02 at 08:42
My computer is lame. No Agp slots either, have 8mb onboard graphics chip which is quite pathetic. So i'm saving up to build a nice new one, with a decent graphics card.

But won't have enough money until at least the end of the year, only earning £100 a month, is going to take me a while :(
Sun 31/03/02 at 10:28
Uncle Albert wrote:
> Pantoffel, unless you're kidding, you have my permission to shut up. A monster
> of a PC?? Oh no, not with a GF2 MX 400 you haven't!!

No, no, no. You have my permission to shut up also. Never did I once say that my graphics card was a monster, but that my system specifications are monstorous, so please read over something before blurting out like that, or you're just going to get a mouthful of abuse back. Anyway, a GeForce 2 MX 440 is a decent enough graphics card, and as long as it can run all my games, I don't care.
Sun 31/03/02 at 10:37
Pantoffel wrote:
Anyway, a GeForce 2 MX 440 is
> a decent enough graphics card, and as long as it can run all my games, I don't
> care.

There is no such thing as a geforce 2 mx440 its either a geforce 2 mx400 or a geforce 4 mx440 just thought I would add that to the discussion :)
Sun 31/03/02 at 19:16
Geforce 2 Mx400 me thinks
Sun 31/03/02 at 19:28
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Pantoffel, get out. Now. You said you have a monster of a PC. Your graphics card is part of your system specifications. Your graphics card is not a monster. Therefore, your PC is also not a monster.

And yes, it's GF2 MX400, not 440. Get it right.

But if it's good enough for your games (Age of Empires, etc), fair enough. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.