GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA - Lost Possibilities?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/10/02 at 14:11
Regular
It has to be said, the GBA has had so many chances to shine but failed in most areas. There have been some quality titles but none that surprise you and make you think 'WOW!' But why? That's all I ask, why? Maybe it's because there's been too many SNES remakes, maybe there just hasn't enough quality titles, or maybe it's the lack of use with the GBA/GameCube link up. Anyway, I've compiled a list of games that could make the GBA more popular:

RESIDENT EVIL: GBA
We've seen it work on the GameCube, why not on the GBA? The GameCube remake is based on a 2-Dimensional world with 3D character models, the GBA is capable of some impressive 2D images, why not do the same for the GBA? Sure, the character models may not be a bit dodgy and the graphics wouldn't be too good, but if a brand new adventure were to be made, it would be brilliant. Imagine being truly scared while holding a tiny handheld? It would different - it would be perfect.

YOSHI'S ISLAND 2
After playing loads of remakes you need something new and fresh - the same kind of fresh that Metroid Fusion will hopefully bring. But after played the SNES version recently, I want more. All I wanted on Monkey World was to fight a giant monkey, why not in a sequel? Fighting a giant bird, why not in a sequel? So many possibilities that people have been waiting for years. Maybe even linking up to a GC version as well to unlock secret worlds and even more bosses, things to make you want to play the game more, not things like new costumes or new guns or whatever.

DONKEY KONG COUNTRY 4
The Donkey Kong Country series just kept getting better and DKC3 reached amazing heights, but with Rare gone, there'll be no DKC remakes, so why not Nintendo have a go and see if they can reach the same heights? Playing a Donkey Kong Country 4 would please most of the Ninty population; I for one have been waiting for a DKC4 since the death of the SNES. Plus with Nintendo's GameCube DK outing, more link up action, more secrets! Yay!

EXCITEBIKE
There was a day when Mario and his chums took part in Excitebike, I think it was on the NES, but it turned out to be a pretty bad game. But imagine, Nintendo working their magic on a remake, a good version, it'd be great! Because, even when people told me it was terrible, I really like the look of it. I don't think it was ever released over here, in Europe, but why not bring it over here now and make proper game out of it? I don't see anyone saying no (Because they can't)!

ICE CLIMBERS ADVANCE
For some, Super Smash Bros. Melee was the first time they'd seen the Ice Climbers or ever heard of them, and even more had never played the game, including me. It'd be nice just to get a feeling of what the old platformers were like, and with a bit of graphical flair and a few more enemies, it would certainly be interesting to see how it played.

KILLER INSTINCT: GBA
Although nothing has been said about whether or not Rare will get Killer Instinct, I really want to see it on the GBA, more than any of the other titles I mentioned. I fell in love with both Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct Gold, with beautiful gameplay, skill involved and humorous end sequences, who wouldn't fall in love with it? With some complicated combos such as Ultimates and Ultras, you'd be up all night trying to do them. All I want is the same feeling again, oh, and bring back the old characters, the new ones are terrible, plus, I want Cinder!

Well there you have it, a bunch of games that will NEVER be released. All w can do is dream, maybe some day we'll get Nintendo's attention and shove this down their throats, who knows?

Thanks for reading

RiCkOsS
Wed 23/10/02 at 21:59
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Boss_Pac_Man wrote:
> is the e-card reader out in england yet? i haven't heard anything
> about it at all.

Nah, won't be out for a while yet, march next year methinks.
Wed 23/10/02 at 21:50
"+ suspicious minds"
is the e-card reader out in england yet? i haven't heard anything about it at all.
Wed 23/10/02 at 20:58
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Ev][L~Dark wrote:
> Resident Evil for the GBA would be Werid as the one of main point of
> the game is the fear factor of it. But what if they did Resident Evil
> GBA in FPS?

They could advise players that they can feel like they are really there by holding their GBA really close to their face.
Wed 23/10/02 at 14:37
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Resident Evil for the GBA would be Werid as the one of main point of the game is the fear factor of it. But what if they did Resident Evil GBA in FPS?
Wed 23/10/02 at 12:39
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
The E-reader lets you play Excitebike on the GBA. I am going to order it this week, I have donkey kong jr and air hockey for the GBA so far. I think Ice Climbers is coming out on it too, so my advice to you is to pick up an E-reader, I know it has now become and essential part of my GBA collection.
Wed 23/10/02 at 12:12
Regular
"Death Is Not An Opt"
I thoought Luigis mansion was meant to be coming out on GBA...
Tue 22/10/02 at 17:00
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> Some great ideas there RiCkOsS

Noticed my name change :-)

I took your advice 'cause I looked like a girl when I was called rickoss :-D

Anyway, I know what you mean about resi, but even with those camera angles and average graphics you'd still get a scare.
Tue 22/10/02 at 16:42
Solskjær wrote:
>
> I'm sure I heard something about it last year, along with a few other
> SEGA games - like Monkey Ball (which is already on its way).

Oh yeah!

*mouth falls open*

**realises the water levels in the room are now dangerously high**

(:)
Tue 22/10/02 at 15:16
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think there is a Crazy Taxi game coming to the GBA actually...

I'm sure I heard something about it last year, along with a few other SEGA games - like Monkey Ball (which is already on its way).
Tue 22/10/02 at 14:32
Regular
o hello dickoss!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.