GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 17"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/11/07 at 15:04
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Right, hopefully there's not too much limit on what you can write with this topic and you can do with it as you want.

The usual rules apply.

The topic: A/The System

I won't set a deadline for now, but will wait for a good amount of entries.

Thanks a lot.

Results:

A very tough one this: all the stories took a different meaning to the word system and I enjoyed each one as they were so unique. But yes, as pretty much every past judge has said, there can only be one winner.

And that person for me is Black Glove. The flow of the story grabbed my attention throughout and left me wanting more, but at the same time allowed me to appreciate the end of the story just how it is.

Well done everyone, sorry the competition was so prolonged!
Mon 21/01/08 at 12:33
"possibly impossible"
Just seen this today. Well done Black Glove.

Let's hope even more people enter the next SSC! :D
Mon 21/01/08 at 12:07
Regular
"Laughingstock"
SSC18 is up.
Mon 21/01/08 at 09:34
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Well done Black Glove.

Hury up and think of something, I fancy entering a SSC for a change. Was going to do the last one, but read about it as the deadline was announced for the following morning!

But well done and enjoy your GAD!
Sat 19/01/08 at 16:18
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Congratulations Black Glove. You deserved it.

I look forward to the next one.
Sat 19/01/08 at 09:16
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I won! Thanks ST.
And I won GAD too. Maybe I should post here more often :)

I'll set the next SSC as soon as I think of something ...
Sat 19/01/08 at 09:06
Regular
"not dead"
Well done, Black Glove.

I think it was a good topic, as it could be taken in so many ways, so there was a lot of variety with the stories.
Sat 19/01/08 at 08:46
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
A very tough one this: all the stories took a different meaning to the word system and I enjoyed each one as they were so unique. But yes, as pretty much every past judge has said, there can only be one winner.

And that person for me is Black Glove. The flow of the story grabbed my attention throughout and left me wanting more, but at the same time allowed me to appreciate the end of the story just how it is.

Well done everyone, sorry the competition was so prolonged!
Fri 18/01/08 at 19:54
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Awesome, sorry you had to rush it! Thanks though! :)
Fri 18/01/08 at 19:15
Regular
"What's basketball?"
I had to rush through mine a bit, because of the deadline, but it's there at last.

EDIT- I have just editted my story a bit, as there were bits that didn't make any sense at all.
Fri 18/01/08 at 17:09
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Sorry about the long wait, they will be judged tomorrow morning.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.