GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do you play ?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/03/02 at 15:05
Regular
After attending a few LANs and speaking to people who I play online games with, Ive become aware of many strange and different ways to play a FPS. I personally use the arrow keys and the buttons around the arrow keys and some people find this weird, But what suprised me the most is at a LAN someone played Unreal Tournament with a mouse and a game pad! LoL anyone else know or use different methods of playing?
Fri 19/04/02 at 11:50
i use default for all FPS which is normally wasd, apart from R6 series where i cannot play with anything but cursors and surrounding keys
Thu 18/04/02 at 04:50
Regular
"Suck it baby, yeah!"
I use the arrow keys, and, due to a lifetime of default Tomb Raider keys, use control for fire, alt for jump and shift for duck. I use tab to flip weapon, Z for secondary attack and, in Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza, space for sprint.
Sun 14/04/02 at 11:17
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I use the arrows because its alot harder to get lost with the arrows.
Up -forward
down - backwards
left - strafe left
right - strafe right
del - reload
end - use
page down - voicecom (in cs, prone otherwise)
M1/M2 - Primary/secondry fire
M3- Jump
CTRL - crouch
Shift - walk
Y - say
U- teamsay
and of course mwheel to change weaps.
Mon 01/04/02 at 21:22
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
ESDF makes sense, as you can use more keys around it. I use pretty much the same layout for every game, extra ones added for game-specific controls:
WASD - movement
Ctrl - Crouch
Space - Jump
E - Use
R/mouse3 - Reload
T - Say
Y - Team Say
F - Flashlight
G - Drop Weapon
Tab - Scores
Mousewheel - Cycle weapons
Mouse1 - Fire
Mouse2 - Secondary fire

Arrow keys used to be fine, but now games become more complex and require more control, having all the extra keys easily accessible is useful.
Sun 31/03/02 at 22:33
I use WASD coz all the keys r in the right place. I know some1 that uses the arrow keys and he has to have a 5 button mouse to compensate and have lots of the functions on there. I have a 5 button mouse but I only use the 4th and 5th buttons for little things like talking in Counter Strike. With WASD everything is in the correct place though. I know some1 that uses ESDF though. He obviously has his reasons.
Sun 31/03/02 at 19:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I play with arrow keys but thats mainly due to the position of my keyboard. I'd like it in front of me so it will be more comfatable to use, then I might consider switching to the WASD config.
Sun 31/03/02 at 19:37
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I'm an Old Skool player. :D
Sat 30/03/02 at 14:49
I play with the up, down, left and right arrows as my directions, the mouse button for fire and if I move the mouse around, it directs my vision. I've just kept it at the boring default though, and I'm absolutely fine with it. However, I probably could play better if I tweaked it to my liking, but that takes time...and effort. I play a fair ammount of games, so I rekon I'd adapt to it quick enough, if I could be bothered, that is.

Can't...move...hand...
Sat 30/03/02 at 12:12
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
That's weird.
Sat 30/03/02 at 10:51
Regular
errrrr.....i think i'm going to have to report this.................you scare me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.