GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What games do I get for my Gamecube ?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/03/02 at 20:51
Regular
I know I have done a similar topic like this but this so that I can decide what games I will buy on May 3rd. This is a list of games i'm considering (I think I can afford two on release day)

1) Luigi's Mansion
2) Star Wars: Rouge leader
3) Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
4) Burnout
5) Crazy Taxi
6) Wave race: Blue Storm

Please say which two of these I should get (or any others not on my list (not sports games). I am going to get Super Smash brothers Melee when it comes out. Cheers !!!

The BIGMAN
Sat 30/03/02 at 20:11
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Three of those are racers, so pick the best of those:

Game 1: Waverace: Blue Storm (tough at first, but with so much depth!)

Next you need a graphical showcase, along with a great gameplay:

Game 2: Star Wars: Rogue Leader

Those are the two I would get (and am getting), but on top of those I am also getting Super Monkeyball because that is simply great fun. I may get one or two others yet, I don't know.
Sat 30/03/02 at 13:11
Regular
"keep your receipt"
I have 'only' played four of the games so far and will tell you what I thought of them.

Pikmin - Although its not a launch game, but hey. It's got a lot of mystery to it and you feel as if you're really progressing through the game. The strategy element is not too demanding but you still feel like you are superior to all these little creatures and there are many points within the game where I found myself laughing out loud. This game is just plain and simple, good-hearted fun.

Rogue Leader - The graphics on this blew me away and the sound is awesome too. But I found that the game was a little samey all the way through, I played about five levels from the game and they weren't all that different from each other. It disappoints me that people say this is the best launch game, because it really isn't.

Super Monkey Ball - There were about six of us playing Bowling, Punch and Glide on two controllers (taking it in turns)and it is sooooo much fun! I can't believe how fun it is. However I played through the first ten levels of the one-player and it seemed a little dull.

Super Smash Bros Mélee - This game is one of the best games I've ever played. While other great games are seriously great, and others are epic, I've noticed that all of the Nintendo and 2nd party games are good in the heart-warmingly FUN way. Put it this way; I was waiting for GTA3 on the PS2 to load but then I got bored so I went and had a few round on GameCube instantly and then went back to the playstation. I can see that when I get a GC for myself that come May 24th, THPS3 is never gonna get back in my GameCube!

Hope that helps,
-M-
Sat 30/03/02 at 11:47
SUPER MONKEY BALL!
Sat 30/03/02 at 10:44
Regular
i would get Rogue Leader and Luigi's Mansion
Fri 29/03/02 at 23:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Shigsys great........anyway, I am personaly getting ISS2, Rogue Leader, THPS3, and the oh so sweet looking Eternal Darkness. But on launch, I'll probably just get Rogue Leadr - maybe Wave Race.
Fri 29/03/02 at 23:26
Ciggy rules!
Fri 29/03/02 at 23:12
Regular
Strafex, this has been done many times before.

Although if you've got new ideas about it then I'd be happy to read...
Fri 29/03/02 at 23:09
Regular
Boss Pac-Man wrote:
> can please everyone stop compairing shigsy to, oh say, god. he is good at making
> games. very good. but, no one is perfect. if shigsy makes a game, that doesent
> mean everyone is going to like it!

and i hate pokemon stadium, so there.

Well Shigsy probably didn't make Pokemon Stadium so there, there, there! :-P

I might make a topic on why Pokemon Stadium on the N64 was crap and what they'd have to do if they wanted to do it properly this time round...
Fri 29/03/02 at 22:40
Regular
Anything apart from Burnout. GOt it on the PS2 and it is s***e.
Fri 29/03/02 at 22:40
"+ suspicious minds"
can please everyone stop compairing shigsy to, oh say, god. he is good at making games. very good. but, no one is perfect. if shigsy makes a game, that doesent mean everyone is going to like it!

and i hate pokemon stadium, so there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.