GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FFX-2 News."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy X-2'.
Wed 23/10/02 at 19:45
Regular
This is cut and pasted off the SR news board just incase you missed it:

No, a real sequel, not just an update! Square are continuing the action from the tenth game, in Final Fantasy X-2 - shots ahoy!

Yes, Final Fantasy X-2 marks the first time Square have made a true Final Fantasy sequel, and not an entirely new adventure. Usually, with each new FF game we're introduced to new characters in a new scenario, facing new problems. FFX-2 however, brings back Yuna from Final Fantasy X, again fighting to save the planet Spira from certain destruction. This time, Yuna's been kitted out with Lara-style twin pistols and slightly less restrictive clothing than her flimsy dress that she wore in Final Fantasy X. Why? Looks like FFX-2 will see you playing a more active role, with Yuna leaping and bounding from rock to rock a la Ms Croft. A new slant on the FF series? Good on you, Square.

Square claim to have re-worked the battle system from FFX (there's normally an entirely new one for each new game), although we can't tell exactly what they've done to it from these screenshots. Seeing as the game is still set in Spira, some locations will remain the same, but will sport fancy new looks, while we'll be introduced to some stunning new places we've never seen before. Presumably there'll be new enemies for Yuna to face, too.

What isn't clear is whether this is meant to be an entirely new game, or just a fancy add-on pack. We've previously reported two spin-off FFX titles, each featuring characters Yuna and Rikku respectively, but we've seen and heard nothing of the latter. Hopefully someone at Square can let us know the deal, because this is pretty exciting news.

Well?
Marketing hype?
Will it be good?
Does it exist?
Rikku version exists?
Will that be the same?
Will it be realeased over here?
?
?
?
?

Life's full of questions. It's usually better to ignore them all,
FFF
Wed 23/10/02 at 19:45
"period drama"
This is cut and pasted off the SR news board just incase you missed it:

No, a real sequel, not just an update! Square are continuing the action from the tenth game, in Final Fantasy X-2 - shots ahoy!

Yes, Final Fantasy X-2 marks the first time Square have made a true Final Fantasy sequel, and not an entirely new adventure. Usually, with each new FF game we're introduced to new characters in a new scenario, facing new problems. FFX-2 however, brings back Yuna from Final Fantasy X, again fighting to save the planet Spira from certain destruction. This time, Yuna's been kitted out with Lara-style twin pistols and slightly less restrictive clothing than her flimsy dress that she wore in Final Fantasy X. Why? Looks like FFX-2 will see you playing a more active role, with Yuna leaping and bounding from rock to rock a la Ms Croft. A new slant on the FF series? Good on you, Square.

Square claim to have re-worked the battle system from FFX (there's normally an entirely new one for each new game), although we can't tell exactly what they've done to it from these screenshots. Seeing as the game is still set in Spira, some locations will remain the same, but will sport fancy new looks, while we'll be introduced to some stunning new places we've never seen before. Presumably there'll be new enemies for Yuna to face, too.

What isn't clear is whether this is meant to be an entirely new game, or just a fancy add-on pack. We've previously reported two spin-off FFX titles, each featuring characters Yuna and Rikku respectively, but we've seen and heard nothing of the latter. Hopefully someone at Square can let us know the deal, because this is pretty exciting news.

Well?
Marketing hype?
Will it be good?
Does it exist?
Rikku version exists?
Will that be the same?
Will it be realeased over here?
?
?
?
?

Life's full of questions. It's usually better to ignore them all,
FFF
Wed 23/10/02 at 19:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
well if it follows the tradition of FFX it'll get delayed about 10 times and come out as the Japanese get FFX-7 - Wakka's version. I'll get excited about it as soon as i see it on the shops shelves
Wed 23/10/02 at 20:43
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Heard about this ages ago, SR were very slow on putting it up.

To me, it looks poo. Anyone else seen the screens and artwork? Yuna in tight hotpants showing a flash of buttock and wielding dual pistols? It just doesn't seem consistent at all.
Wed 23/10/02 at 20:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
the words 'Lara Croft' in the article scare me. I don't want FFX turning into that sort of game. Someone needs to tell Square if it ain't broke don't fix it so keep Final Fantasy the same way.
BTW any news on whether blitzball will still be in the game?
Mon 28/10/02 at 09:51
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> BTW any news on whether blitzball will still be in the game?

I don`t know for sure, but given that its based more around Yuna than the other characters, it would seem unlikely that you will be able to actually play blitzball at any point. I guess you`ll be able to watch it, but unless you have a large party again, blitzball may not be on the cards.
Mon 28/10/02 at 10:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
that's a shame i really liked blitzball as the main sub-game. I hear Wakkas around somewhere in the game so it might still be a possibility even as just a management sim where he's now just the coach of the team instead of playing as well
Tue 29/10/02 at 10:02
Regular
I`m guessing all the main characters are around somewhere as they never left, with the obvious exceptions of Auron and Tidus. Speaking of Tidus though, could this be an opportunity to bring him back? After all, we say him swimming in some Besaidish waters at the end of 10 :D
Tue 29/10/02 at 10:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
doesn't FFX-2 start after Yuna finds a sphere with Tidus on it? This is just a guess but i think somewhere near the end they'll find him wandering about somewhere and in true FF tradition he'll probably have lost his memory
Fri 01/11/02 at 19:22
Im sorry but I dont think it will be that good now that tidus is dead (sort of) but I think she will find a way to bring him back and all the others that died like auron and jecht. Yuna playing blitzball dont make me laugh she wouldn't be as good as tidus was.

I hope to she another sequel to FFX but I dont think it will happen as they are curently developing FFXI which looks good but the battles do not look to good. wots your opinon?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.