GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Let us remember the deceased"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/03/02 at 17:23
Regular
March 1997. A date we will all remember as one of the greatest day in gaming history ever. The release of the Nintendo 64. Queues formed at midnight and fans awaiting to play one of the most memorable consoles ever. Now it is gone, and all focus is now on the Nintendo Gamecube. But Why? The nintendo 64 is just as good as its ever been, with games that are never forgotten, the wacky controllers and much much more. But why is it the Nintendo 64 was such a huge bust. It was one of the best consoles ever. I bet all of you owned one. It may have been expensive at first but when it dropped rapidly in price it was the bargain of the year. It was so much more than a grey box.

It was the first console to introduce a four way play with four controls without buying a multitap like the Playstation. It was 64 bit and had some of the greatest games ever. Not to mention the hardware to buy for it too. Overall it was a great console.

Let us remember the great games available at the time. There was Mario 64, one of the first games released and is still played today. It was one of the longest games I had ever played. Trying to get all 120 stars. It was a pure masterpiece. There was also Mario Kart with all his friends and much more than the original. It was one of the best multiplayer games ever. But lets not forget Diddy Kong Racing, another good game and up the top with Mario Kart. One of my favourites was Goldeneye. A never forgotten movie and game which kept you stuck on the console for ages. Not only was it a great one player game but it but a multiplayer too. Super Smash Brothers was a perfect game. Completely original and fun to play. You would never have thought Mario, Donkey Kong, Link and Kirby would be in the same game. Also great sports games were ISS 1998 and WWF No Mercy. Fun to play with friends and family. I could go on naming games for ages and ages and still not be finished. Conkers Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME (not to mention the sequal) ,Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, F-Zero X, Mario Tennis and soooooooooooooooo many more.

Remember how it was these games that brought you and your friends and family together in one room playing on the same TV enjoying yourselves. Whether it was a multiplayer game or not it still brought smiles to your faces so never forget it.

Remember the best momment in Nintendo 64's life. The birth of it on the month that was March, and the year that was 1997. Do not forget the death of it. The last game released that was Mario Party 3.

But though it may seem dead the Nintendo 64 is alive in each and every one of us. We played it and we enjoyed it!
I hope this message has reminded you of the fun you had on your Nintendo 64 and maybe, just maybe you will keep your console if you have one. It is a classic so never get rid of it.
Sat 30/03/02 at 13:13
Pantoffel wrote:
> Thanks man. I've got two PC's, two PS1's, an N64 and a Dreamcast.

Ergh! How the hell did I write that? I somehow managed to oversee that I also own a PS2 and an X Box. Sorry for the omission guys!
Fri 29/03/02 at 21:15
Regular
"I Control All Pikmi"
It did have some great multiplayer games!
Fri 29/03/02 at 11:09
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Me, I own a N64, SNES, Game Boy Advanceand a Game Boy Pocket (I'm getting a Gamecube). I did own a Mega Drive but a sold it a couple of years ago. I do play P.C game on our computer but it's a bit old so I can only run games like Yuri's revenge etc.
Fri 29/03/02 at 11:04
Thanks man. I've got two PC's, two PS1's, an N64 and a Dreamcast. I love my PC's, because they can play amazing games like Half Life like a dream. My older PC is getting on a bit now, so it can't run the newest games like Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Medal of Honour: AA. My other PC is just damn amazing! It runs every game superbly, with no problems, and I got it from PC World, with 400 pound off! We bought two PS1's because we always squabble over who uses them. I have tonnes of games for them, but I hardly play them now that I have a PC. I got an N64 last year, and have about 15 games for it, including Zelda, Goldeneye and loads of wrestling titles. My Dreamcast isn't normally used much, but I've gone back to it and played the classics like Virtua Tennis.

Thanks for the hospitality, and what consoles do you own mate?
Fri 29/03/02 at 10:55
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Hey Pantoffel, welcome to the Nintendo forum ! So what consoles do you own then ? :D
Fri 29/03/02 at 10:45
Oh right, I don't have to go, it was for me sister. Anyway, as I was saying...

Ah, the great times of the Nintendo 64. I have spent (and still do spend) many hours on Goldeneye, killing my friends and just basically causing hell. Perfect Dark was also excellent, but I was expecting more out of it than just an updated version of Goldeneye. I found it lacking what Goldeneye had, and the menus were difficult to navigate about, but apart from that, it ruled mightily. I also had a good time on some of the wrestling games, like No Mercy, knocking my brother off of the ladder to the floor, and then taking advantage by climbing the ladder myself and winning. Being a guest referee also rules, acting biased, and then screwing my brother over. Zelda is also superb, but I was expecting more from it. It is engrossing, don't get me wrong, but I found it slightly limited. I'll be looking out for the Gamecube, and will definately consider getting it, but my support is currently with the X Box.
Fri 29/03/02 at 10:40
Ah, the great times of the Nintendo 64. I have spent (and still do spend) many hours on Goldeneye, killing my friends and just basically causing hell. Perfect Dark was also excellent, but I was expecting more out of it than just an updated version of Goldeneye. I found it lacking what Goldeneye had, and the menus were difficult to navigate about, but apart from that, it ruled mightily.

I gotta go, see ya'll later!
Fri 29/03/02 at 09:37
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
It had great games. How can you say it wasn't good.
Thu 28/03/02 at 19:42
the nintendo wasnt that good i think.
Thu 28/03/02 at 19:19
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
What?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.