GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Today, over £400 was stolen from me"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/03/02 at 21:30
Regular
In the form of two bicycles.

Mine, and my sisters.

Mine had full suspension. Hers did not. Hers was the only way she had to get to university and back.

Stolen from our garage.

Our house.

Right under our noses.

My bike was the only way I was going to get a holiday this year. Me and my mates were intending to go youth hosteling.

And now I will probably never see it again.

Because of some idiot.

Probably the builders who were working on a house across the road from us.

They were there all day. The bikes were stolen during the only 30 minutes that all of my family were out of the house.

I had just gone to work. To earn some honest money. My dad was at work, earning honest money. My sister was at work, earning honest money.

And some idiot simply took what will cost me 50 hours of work to replace.

That isn't including customisations I made to it.

My sister will probably never replace hers. She's a pikey student.

Tommorow, the builders return.

They have left scaffolding up.

I intend to walk over to them, and ask them. If they say no, I will punch them in the face. Rather hard.

They'll be bigger than me. I'm not bothered. I dont mind pain.

I am rather annoyed.

From my house, while I was out at work.
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:30
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
In the form of two bicycles.

Mine, and my sisters.

Mine had full suspension. Hers did not. Hers was the only way she had to get to university and back.

Stolen from our garage.

Our house.

Right under our noses.

My bike was the only way I was going to get a holiday this year. Me and my mates were intending to go youth hosteling.

And now I will probably never see it again.

Because of some idiot.

Probably the builders who were working on a house across the road from us.

They were there all day. The bikes were stolen during the only 30 minutes that all of my family were out of the house.

I had just gone to work. To earn some honest money. My dad was at work, earning honest money. My sister was at work, earning honest money.

And some idiot simply took what will cost me 50 hours of work to replace.

That isn't including customisations I made to it.

My sister will probably never replace hers. She's a pikey student.

Tommorow, the builders return.

They have left scaffolding up.

I intend to walk over to them, and ask them. If they say no, I will punch them in the face. Rather hard.

They'll be bigger than me. I'm not bothered. I dont mind pain.

I am rather annoyed.

From my house, while I was out at work.
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Don't you just want to smack some people hard?

Bloody fools!

Unlucky, Cheese.

:-(

Some people......
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:34
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Smash 'em wiv a stick then if you're so certain it's them!

I would!

Or even better, pull the scaffolding apart when they're working up there (wearing a balaclava of course) and then run off somewhere, get changed, then innocently walk back into your house.

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:35
Regular
"That's right!"
Aren't you being a little quick to point the fingure? Just because they're builders doesn't mean they're thieves

And was the garage broken into?

And do you really think that the builders would be stupid enough to steal bikes from a garage in broad daylight, especially if they knew they would be back again the next day?
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:35
Regular
Hey man, I'm sorry.

Firstly, don't just assume the builders took them, that's how wars start. Not with builders, but you know what I mean.

Secondly, go to the police, and see if they can get in touch with any bike shops in the area. Suspension bikes are stolen usually because they can be sold at a high price.
I'm pretty sure they were stolen to be sold... if the one was just stolen, then perhaps not, but when two are stolen, it's most definitely for cash.
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:39
Regular
"That's right!"
Looks like Grix and I are the only level headed people to read this post ;)
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:41
Ask your neighbours, see if they noticed anyone coming down your drive. You never know, they may have noticed someone, but thought it was a visitor.

I doubt it would be the builders, they're not that stupid...I think.
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:41
Regular
"She's a pikey student."

I know this is a sad post n all ( not sad as in crap, sad as in oh no! boo hoo!)

But I found that comment really funny.

*Hangs head in shame*
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:44
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Yuh, I have thought the builder thing through.

The thing is, they would be the only people to know the bikes were there, and they would be the only people to know exactly when all 6 of my family were out the house.

They also looked the type. Hate to say it, but they did.

They also had a big white unmarked van.

It does fit in.

Police will be here any minute.
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:48
Regular
"WWJD"
Why not instead of asking if they did it, ask if they saw anyone do it if they say no then punch them in the head because they might of saw something but if not punch them and then kick them in the balls, that'll teach them.

I got my bike stolen when i was in year 4 id just got it for my birthday it was red with flames down the side i loved that bike but someone stole it and it hadn't been long after my birthday my dad had to get me a second hand one out of the paper it was way to big and pants it keeped making banging noises i had to do cycling praficiancy on it, i only just got a new bike a month ago so it took me 6 years to get a new one.

It just really p's me off can't they see what there doing to the person that owns the item, the person got it frew hard earned money and this son of a b**** just comes along and takes just because they can't bothered to get of there @rse and earn some money.

IT DOES MY HEAD IN!!! i ought to knock there blokes off

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.