GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Undergames"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/10/02 at 18:31
Regular
You always hear of the underdog right but have you ever thought about the underdogs of the gaming industry i have a my favorite and the one which i would never touch again...

Zone of the enders (PS2):

Ahh zone of the enders i stumbled across this game when i was at the market looking for a new addition to my very minute (at the time) PS2 games collection, i still can't quite work out why i sided with this game over gran turismo 3 but to this day (after now buying GT3) i haven't regreted my decision. From the moment i heard the intro music i was hooked and i couldn't put the pad down until i had finished every mission, there was something special about this game from the music to the manga style graphics it was a completely new experience for me. The story was one which from the moment the game began sucked you in with its enthraling plot and its intricate character design that really made you feel for the 'enders' and actually care when main characters died.

Shadow of memorys (Xbox):

Ok so konami are good and and i know that and that is possibly what possesed me to buy this game instead of timespliters 2 but i did perhaps it was because of the zone of the enders style animations anyway this was a big dissapointment for me the game does have great possibilitys with 6 different endings and a story spanning through 5 centuries it was looking good... well until i played it every footstep makes an echo and at first this sounds good but after a while it is just mindless.

So there are two games, similar at first glance but completely different with hiensight but the underdog can win so what are your favorites and your most hated games?
Mon 28/10/02 at 22:36
There are 10 chapters is it good ? it seems boring at a first glance bullet seems to hate it though hes probably wrong lol
Mon 28/10/02 at 18:43
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
I never knew Shadow of Memories was on XBox. I love that game, but it's way, way too easy. I got up to Chapter 6 in about two hours. And there's only about eight chapters...
Mon 28/10/02 at 18:31
Regular
"Beaten with sticks"
You always hear of the underdog right but have you ever thought about the underdogs of the gaming industry i have a my favorite and the one which i would never touch again...

Zone of the enders (PS2):

Ahh zone of the enders i stumbled across this game when i was at the market looking for a new addition to my very minute (at the time) PS2 games collection, i still can't quite work out why i sided with this game over gran turismo 3 but to this day (after now buying GT3) i haven't regreted my decision. From the moment i heard the intro music i was hooked and i couldn't put the pad down until i had finished every mission, there was something special about this game from the music to the manga style graphics it was a completely new experience for me. The story was one which from the moment the game began sucked you in with its enthraling plot and its intricate character design that really made you feel for the 'enders' and actually care when main characters died.

Shadow of memorys (Xbox):

Ok so konami are good and and i know that and that is possibly what possesed me to buy this game instead of timespliters 2 but i did perhaps it was because of the zone of the enders style animations anyway this was a big dissapointment for me the game does have great possibilitys with 6 different endings and a story spanning through 5 centuries it was looking good... well until i played it every footstep makes an echo and at first this sounds good but after a while it is just mindless.

So there are two games, similar at first glance but completely different with hiensight but the underdog can win so what are your favorites and your most hated games?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.