GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameplay"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/10/00 at 16:08
Regular
I have played loads of old titles recnelty at an 'old console gathering' me and my mates had, and most of the multiplayer modes were so good we got addrenaline out of playing it, we would try our hardest to battle it out, and because none of us had played these games for such aong time we were more equally matched which sort of added to the gameplay I guess.
We played micromahines to start with, this game is excellent, you can design you own tracks and try and beat your mates times, which really is the same as most racing games now, but this game has no 3D graphics no rendered lush 3D levels and no FMVs the most movemne tout of the game is when you win and your charachter waves his/her hands in the air as a little celebration thing.
We also played Excite Bike(the original) this game has nothing, but gameplay we could do wheelies and knock other bikers off their bikes and other things, we didn't spend much time on this as we all wanted to play micrmachines again.
So it's not graphics that make a game, it's not great FMVs or movemnts when you win, it's the idea
Originality, and lots of options.
Sat 07/10/00 at 21:48
Gameplay is what makes a game, yes. Graphics now adays though are so superb that people sometimes get carried away... for example, an explosion is so great to look at, you can't help but enjoy trying to cause more of it and this constitutes good gameplay. So nowadays what we got is gameplay and graphics mixed together as one big hybrid game element!
Sat 07/10/00 at 20:19
Regular
Shut up with my name Meatball, i've had enough of you guys slagging me off because i get bored of your posts . I get your point, i know gameplay is needed so don't get stupid with me.
Sat 07/10/00 at 18:13
Regular
I loved the Dizzy games as well. Codemasters should release micromachines and Dizzy games instead of
"realistic but dull" rally games every 6 months.
Sat 07/10/00 at 16:19
Just incase someone like Lock N Load wants to say something about this not being about futursitc games, it is because Goldneye had Gameplay, it's not just old games, it's all around us, we just have to find it.
Sat 07/10/00 at 16:15
Regular
Hear hear. Graphics are the lovely extra that we get, and there are not many more addictive games than the golden oldies. Dizzy for example...
Time to get my emulator running again...
Sat 07/10/00 at 16:08
I have played loads of old titles recnelty at an 'old console gathering' me and my mates had, and most of the multiplayer modes were so good we got addrenaline out of playing it, we would try our hardest to battle it out, and because none of us had played these games for such aong time we were more equally matched which sort of added to the gameplay I guess.
We played micromahines to start with, this game is excellent, you can design you own tracks and try and beat your mates times, which really is the same as most racing games now, but this game has no 3D graphics no rendered lush 3D levels and no FMVs the most movemne tout of the game is when you win and your charachter waves his/her hands in the air as a little celebration thing.
We also played Excite Bike(the original) this game has nothing, but gameplay we could do wheelies and knock other bikers off their bikes and other things, we didn't spend much time on this as we all wanted to play micrmachines again.
So it's not graphics that make a game, it's not great FMVs or movemnts when you win, it's the idea
Originality, and lots of options.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.