GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games are good, so Critics can go home!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/11/02 at 11:19
Regular
At last, critics that don't like games and are obsessed with books can finally pack up their things, go home and find something else to criticise. Because TIEM (Teachers Investigating Educational Multimedia) found out that Gamecube, XBox, Playstation 2 and other console games affected more than 700 students (7-16 years of age) in the UK alone.

Thing is that according to The Times, playing videogames can help students to bulid more common sense, communication and the skill to solve problems. This will eventually help students get better results in critical subjects such as Maths, spelling, reading and other subjects that make people miserable.

The director of TIEM, Anne Sparrowhawk said that games can help the human mind to think better in strategic planning and logical thinking. It teaches children to make decisions before they act. Even one of the researches stated out that games like Rollercoaster Tycoon, Sim City and Championship Manager teaches gamers the true meaning of psychology.

So, do games really help us to solve problems in the real world? Or is this just a load of crap? "I" dont know, but I think it somehow helps you...

*To be honest, I never knew that George Washington became president on April the 30th until I completed Metal Gear Sold 2: Sons Of Liberty.
Sun 03/11/02 at 19:48
Regular
Boss_Pac_Man2 wrote:
> no, he's an international boiled egg running champion. it's such a
> hardcore game it only gets shown at midnight on channel five.
>
> :)

How wrong can you be?
im international boiled egg running UNDEFEATED champion, its its after midnight blue for you who didnt know, fridays only.
Sun 03/11/02 at 17:32
I can understand the reasoning of critics but I dont like it. I can fully inderstand that thing about Sim city etc. I think alot can be learned from games like civilisation.
Sun 03/11/02 at 17:07
Regular
"The Red Shift"
;)
Sun 03/11/02 at 17:02
"+ suspicious minds"
smileys forgive all.

:(
Sun 03/11/02 at 16:47
Regular
"The Red Shift"
i was trying to provoke some boasting which i could shoot down, fool!
Sun 03/11/02 at 16:44
Games teaches us loads of stuff...

I never knew you could hijack a car and run over 20 pedestrians before you get one star and a copper after you... weird...

Why?
Sun 03/11/02 at 16:42
"+ suspicious minds"
no, he's an international boiled egg running champion. it's such a hardcore game it only gets shown at midnight on channel five.

:)
Sun 03/11/02 at 12:35
Regular
"The Red Shift"
you a rugby player?
Sun 03/11/02 at 12:34
Regular
And when they say its bad for you as you wont get enough exercise well that rubbish as im feeling fitter than ever since ive been playing them more, i can run 5 laps now, compared to the old 1/2. And i finding my reflexs quick and can get out of the way of a 6 ft man running towards me when i have an egg shaped ball in my hands :)
Sun 03/11/02 at 11:19
Regular
"Still luv her?! dun"
At last, critics that don't like games and are obsessed with books can finally pack up their things, go home and find something else to criticise. Because TIEM (Teachers Investigating Educational Multimedia) found out that Gamecube, XBox, Playstation 2 and other console games affected more than 700 students (7-16 years of age) in the UK alone.

Thing is that according to The Times, playing videogames can help students to bulid more common sense, communication and the skill to solve problems. This will eventually help students get better results in critical subjects such as Maths, spelling, reading and other subjects that make people miserable.

The director of TIEM, Anne Sparrowhawk said that games can help the human mind to think better in strategic planning and logical thinking. It teaches children to make decisions before they act. Even one of the researches stated out that games like Rollercoaster Tycoon, Sim City and Championship Manager teaches gamers the true meaning of psychology.

So, do games really help us to solve problems in the real world? Or is this just a load of crap? "I" dont know, but I think it somehow helps you...

*To be honest, I never knew that George Washington became president on April the 30th until I completed Metal Gear Sold 2: Sons Of Liberty.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.