GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Galleon"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/03/02 at 18:20
Regular
Piratey games are cool. Galleon is beginning to excite me now, coming out for Gamecube, not sure what else.

I haven't really paid much attention to it. I heard about it years ago, from PC Gamer. Thought it looked alright, but just another Tomb Raider clone.

But from what I can see, it really looks like this is being crafted more as a game that the designers WANT to make, instead of level after level of desperately coming up with more ideas. I don't ever want to reach that stage.

But it does look very impressive, and I'll be keeping my eye on it from now on. Any thoughts?
Sat 23/03/02 at 10:36
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I was quite dubious about Galleon when I first heard about it a year or two back..

not helped by the graphics which looked dated at the time, and the fact that it was written by the Tomb Raider guy, and appeard to be just a 'Tomb Raider at sea' type of game...

But as development has progressed Ive started hearing some good stuff about it, it seems they are trying out some really interesting new ideas? (although the graphics still look dodgy)
Sat 23/03/02 at 09:10
Regular
A swashbuckling adventure on the seven seas.
Galleon is shaping up to be very good indeed.
I like the "realistic cartoony" graphics, and the gameplay seems unashamedly to have a lot of "platformer" elements, which I like in action/adventures.
Thu 21/03/02 at 18:05
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I think Galleon looks awesome. I saw a video clip that was designed like a movie trailer. I'm looking forward to its release.
Thu 21/03/02 at 15:07
Regular
Galleon is coming out on Gamecube first, and then "other" consoles later.

Yeah, it's made by the same bloke that did Tomb Raider, the first one.

First time I looked at this, I was a bit turned off by the "cornyness" of it. "ACTION!" "ADVENTURE!" "LOVE!"

But for some reason, those are the exact same reasons why I want to get it, now. It's corny, adventury, and piraty. Cool combination.
Wed 20/03/02 at 21:11
Regular
I've seen and heard little of this. I remember it being mentioned in PCZone ages ago.

It;s coming out for XBox I belive and I'm going to keep my eyes on it.

It may be the first adventure/action-y type game that I'll enjoy...
Wed 20/03/02 at 20:05
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I think Galleon looks great. I agree with RM18, the character's looked blocky, and they may well have been intended to look that way, but I am sure that they will be sorted out.
Wed 20/03/02 at 19:30
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
From what I've seen, it looks very good.

If you look at a game, you can normally tell what platform it's for. If someone showed you Conker or Goldeneye, you'd have said N64 just like that... you can just tell.

MGS is through and through a PSX game..

Galleon looks like a PC game... even thought it's coming out for 'Cube. Hopefully Tony G will be ablt to make a few of the animations smoother.

It certainly has a Tomb Raider auora about it... but only because it's made by the same guy. Rare games look the same. So do Miyamoto/EAD's games... you can see where some people would use more polygons and some people less...

I agree Galleon looks great... and provided some of the animations and smoothened out and the control is better than it looked, i'm sure to buy it - although there are about 10 '2002' games i'd pick before it...

Game
Wed 20/03/02 at 19:03
Regular
"Whatever!"
Yeah - I like the look of Galleon!! Read about it in CUBE magazine and sounds awesome!! Isnt it developed by the same team who did Tomb Raider??
Wed 20/03/02 at 18:23
Regular
Saw the video of it on NGC's first issue

looks good, but the characters look a little blocky, I'm not sure whether they are yet to be refined (it was probably at an early stage) or thats the graphical style

Definitely worth a look though!
Wed 20/03/02 at 18:20
Regular
Piratey games are cool. Galleon is beginning to excite me now, coming out for Gamecube, not sure what else.

I haven't really paid much attention to it. I heard about it years ago, from PC Gamer. Thought it looked alright, but just another Tomb Raider clone.

But from what I can see, it really looks like this is being crafted more as a game that the designers WANT to make, instead of level after level of desperately coming up with more ideas. I don't ever want to reach that stage.

But it does look very impressive, and I'll be keeping my eye on it from now on. Any thoughts?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.