GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Give me a hand here - MGS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/03/02 at 13:30
Regular
Iīm sorry for wasting your time with a stupid issue like that and I am fully aware of the possibility to be called an idiot and a disgrace to the MGS2 fans, but...

I just received my copy of MGS2 and decided to start with an easy level. It started with Raiden. I screwed up soon and for the heck of it, started again with very easy. It started with Snake. Is it supposed to be so? Is there a different beginning to all skill levels? Are all the skill levels a different game? I searched the net a bit, but didnīt find much help with that. If someone could please explain the situation to me in detail, Iīd appreciate it greatly.

If the answer lies somewhere on this site (e.g. former topics), please forgive me, I havenīt looked at them much in order not to discover the plot.

So, Iīm ready to take the beating, but also hope for a single helping post. Many thanks in advance.
Wed 20/03/02 at 18:56
Regular
"lets go back"
RM18 wrote:
I don't know why its done
> like this, maybe Kojima was punishing people that hadn'y played the first
> game

This is done because if you dont know the story you wont know who snake is so when he introduces himself as Pliskin you wont know he is really snake. It is kind of a mystery for new players to solve. There are clues about snake dropped durring codec messages and the name Pliskin is taken from the name Snake Pliskin, the character from Escape from New York. Just imagine playing the game not knowing who snake is and you will realise what i mean.
Tue 19/03/02 at 15:20
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
There are many MGS threads and topics you could have posted this in on this forum, another MGS 2 topics is just not needed specially which has such a simple answer.

Basically at the start of the game it asks you to choose a simple rule and off this it asses's whether you played the first game or not, I can't rememeber what they are off the top of my head but it's something like for example "Understood the first game, bring on the action" if you choose that then you will start on the Snake/Tanker level, but if you choose a rule that if says something like you didn't fininsh the first game then it will go to the Raiden level.

hope this helps
Tue 19/03/02 at 14:31
Regular
"size does matter"
went through your post, valid points I think. being business-minded and not so smart in playing, Iīd say that first the developer should be sure that the console he is developing for, is popular enough to bring back the investment. ainīt too sure that developing for dreamcast has paid off in every case.
Tue 19/03/02 at 13:43
Regular
just above this message, click on chat rooms.

You might have to scroll down because it is pretty far down the list
Tue 19/03/02 at 13:42
Regular
"size does matter"
I guess Iīm blind, but where is this FOG prime?
Tue 19/03/02 at 13:37
Regular
yeah I know...
Tue 19/03/02 at 13:36
Regular
"size does matter"
Thanks a lot! But that really sounds stupid that those who have not played it before, donīt get to play a part which seems to be important in respect of background knowlegde too.
Tue 19/03/02 at 13:33
Regular
Choose the 'never played it before' setting and you'll start as Raiden, but say you've lpayed it and you'll do the tanker level, so just choose normal difficulty and choose the 'played it before' setting. I don't know why its done like this, maybe Kojima was punishing people that hadn'y played the first game

hope that helps

would you read my post on exclusivity in FOG prime? thanks
Tue 19/03/02 at 13:33
Regular
"size does matter"
As you probably figured already, I havenīt played MGS and Iīm not that bright in other aspects too, so Iīd be really happy if someone told me where to start to be able to play the whole game. Thanks again.
Tue 19/03/02 at 13:30
Regular
"size does matter"
Iīm sorry for wasting your time with a stupid issue like that and I am fully aware of the possibility to be called an idiot and a disgrace to the MGS2 fans, but...

I just received my copy of MGS2 and decided to start with an easy level. It started with Raiden. I screwed up soon and for the heck of it, started again with very easy. It started with Snake. Is it supposed to be so? Is there a different beginning to all skill levels? Are all the skill levels a different game? I searched the net a bit, but didnīt find much help with that. If someone could please explain the situation to me in detail, Iīd appreciate it greatly.

If the answer lies somewhere on this site (e.g. former topics), please forgive me, I havenīt looked at them much in order not to discover the plot.

So, Iīm ready to take the beating, but also hope for a single helping post. Many thanks in advance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.