GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Strange Meeting"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/03/02 at 10:51
Regular
Gah I hate this level, i've tried it about 30 times now, 'completed' it twice, thing is, when I complete it, it's never completed, nothing happens I just walk around the camp, usually end up killing my team mates.

so, how do I do this? my usual course is:
drive along until the first contact
*get out of truck*
*get back in truck*
run the rocket launcher guy over at the tp of the hill, kill the sniper and solider.

I usually get shot by peopl I think are on my team, usually too late to duck and shoot back.

then: team gets killed, leader runs away, remaining team stays behind.
The leader runs all the way to the camp (fool) and thats it.

what am I doing wrong please? and is there anyway I can save the truck without dieing?
Tue 19/03/02 at 13:31
Regular
"A man with a stick"
You could do what I did when I got stuck on this mission and cheat. I'm not usually big on cheating but found it the only alternative in this case. anyway if you want the cheats here they are:

Hold down Left Shift and press the Minus symbol on the number pad. Following that type these codes to activate the cheats.

Campaign - Unlock all levels (Type when on the main menu)

Savegame - Saves Game (Type during game)

Endmission - Ends current mission (Type During game)
Tue 19/03/02 at 13:12
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Oh yeah, I got to the evacuation point, but I can't read this map, D...wha? and my leader didn't bother leading the way.

but thanks for all that :) i'll probably just spend the rest of the day trying to complete it.
Tue 19/03/02 at 12:55
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Here’s the proper solution, I got it from the Official Strategy guide to Operation Flashpoint.

You start off in the jeep with your leader. He drives you to the 5t truck. Get in as driver and wait for the rest of the squad to board. When the other trucks start moving, pull in behind them and get going.

As you drive, you are ordered to turn off on a dirt track and head southwest. Stop when commanded and get out. Several soviet soldiers are around the farmhouse. Clear the area using your rifle and grenade launcher. Your truck is damaged during the fighting, so your squad must move out on foot. Follow your leader into the woods. There is a patrol or two in the woods, so keep your rifle ready to deal with them. While moving toward Morton, you receive word that the town has fallen and another evacuation point has been set up. Continue to follow your squad. Eventually, your leader orders you to provide covering fire as the rest of the squad tries to cross the road. No matter what you do, they all get killed.

You are now on your own. Enemy troops and tanks cover the road. You must find another way to the evacuation point. Head northwest to Db68, then north to Dh61. Continue northeast to Dd63, then Dh61. Turn east and advance to Eb62 and then south to Ea64. There’s little resistance along this path, but remain cautious.

Arriving at the evacuation point, you find it overrun by Soviet troops. They capture you, but don’t worry: Resistance fighters come and release you.
Tue 19/03/02 at 12:53
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I play that aswell, but this levels annoying me too much, I need to complete it!
Tue 19/03/02 at 11:29
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Solution: Play Unreal Tournament instead.
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
sorry:

game: Operation Flashpoint,
Campaign Game: Strange Meeting.

thanks.
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Gah I hate this level, i've tried it about 30 times now, 'completed' it twice, thing is, when I complete it, it's never completed, nothing happens I just walk around the camp, usually end up killing my team mates.

so, how do I do this? my usual course is:
drive along until the first contact
*get out of truck*
*get back in truck*
run the rocket launcher guy over at the tp of the hill, kill the sniper and solider.

I usually get shot by peopl I think are on my team, usually too late to duck and shoot back.

then: team gets killed, leader runs away, remaining team stays behind.
The leader runs all the way to the camp (fool) and thats it.

what am I doing wrong please? and is there anyway I can save the truck without dieing?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.