GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA 'MICE' CITY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/11/02 at 17:17
Regular
To most people it's called 33 Regent Street. To me it’s called Mice City. It's a large, widespread place to your average mouse like me, a.k.a. Tommy Micetti, the biggest criminal in all of Mice City, and wanted on several accounts.
The Judges, the owners of Mice City. Mr Judge, bad patience, balding on the top, and one not to mess with. Mrs Judge, long-term partner to Mr Judge and shares similar views. Harry Judge, 7-year-old son of the Judges, handy for getting vehicles from. Oh, and of course I must mention Law, their feline friend. Completely the opposite to cat burglar, more like cat copper. The whole lot are ones not to mess with, but me being me, is going to do just that.

A jobs going down today. A whole load of cheese is being shipped in from ASDA. The cheese is for the Judge's, but they're not the only ones who want it. I do. Me and a few more long tailed friends that is. So there I was, ready to commit the biggest crime Mice City has ever seen.

I left my pad that is located on the Eastern Side of the City in one of the most expensive skirting boards around. As I walked away though, there was something not right. My image was completely wrong! Time for a change me thinks. I looked around and there was Ken. Prize puff, and boyfriend to Barbie. I sprinted over towards him and before he knew what had hit him his clothes were off. Don't get the wrong idea, I don’t make taking men’s clothes off a regular thing, but today wasn't just your regular thing. Anyway, moving swiftly on. I had my gear. Blue Hawaiian shirt, baggy pants, and a cool pair of shades. Talk about Miami Mice! Off I went on my jolly way. I was supposed to meet up with Hernandez the Hedgehog, who was going to set me up with some gear for the job, but unfortunately he lived in the Gardens area of the city in some shed type place. I needed wheels else I was never going to make it in time. I looked around. Harry Judge was bound to have left one of his so-called toy cars around (If only he knew that they weren't really toys!). Micro Machine bus, hmmm maybe not. I'm not exactly what you would call 'thin'! What else. Matchbox Land Rover. Erm... no! Maisto 1:18 scale Dodge Viper. Now that’s more like it! I would have hopped straight in if I hadn't have seen Action Man roll up in his rocket powered beast of a machine. A quick scratch to the face (Where else do you think he got that scar from?) and his rocket powered super car was mine!

I set off and met Hernandez at about 10PM as instructed. After asking about the gear, he told me I would have to do a favour before I could have them in my possession. He chucked me a pistol, one he had jacked off a group of toy army soldiers, and then instructed me to visit 'The Red Light District', or 'The Photo Developing' room, as it was known to the Judges. I hopped into the Super car and then went to get the photos from The Red Light District. I arrived shortly later, the bright red light of the district shining brightly off the bonnet of my car. I pulled the car over into a parking space and hopped onto the sidewalk. I saw a shadow on the corner of the street. It was Barbie. "Hey Baby" she said to me. "Not to day thank you" I replied. "For a little bit of your cash I'll take those nice clothes off-a your body,” she added. "I'd rather pay to flush my head down a toilet thanks." I once more replied. "In fact, I'd rather buy one of those horrible little McDonalds Scrambled Egg things." Talking about McDonalds, there was someone I wanted to visit before going back to Hernandez. I grabbed his photos and quickly scurried away in the car.

Who was it I wanted to visit you may ask? Well, remember those wind up plastic fries and swimming hamburgers McDonalds used to give away with Happy Meals? Well Harry Judge had a whole gang of them. They were my mates, so I went to see how they were. They were pleased to see me. Barry the Fries, the gang leader, explained to me that they had finally got rid of the horrible sweet smell of gurkins, something which had haunted them for years. As I was about to leave though, one of those Womble Happy Meal toys came hurtling towards us, wafting its horrible gurking smell. Out came the pistol, then a quick flick of the trigger, beautifully timing a bullet between hits eyes. I bid farewell to the gang and returned to Hernandez. He was happy with the photos and set me up with the gear. A peashooter, a pair of Mr Potato head glasses for disguise, and a Fischer Price kids motorbike! With all my gear, I was ready for the mission.

I was nearing my target, a large white skyscraper known as the fridge. The delivery had been made and I was all set. On came the Mr Potato Head glasses. I walked up to the fridge, shimmied my way inside and loaded the goods onto my bike. Foiled! Law saw me. I jumped onto the bike, and then wheeled away with feline features hot in pursuit. We headed through the slums, Law getting closer each time. In desperation I took a frozen pea out of my pocket and loaded up the peashooter. Bam! Right between the eyes! Problem is Harry Judge spotted me. Mistaking me for a toy he gave pursuit dribbling all over me! Two star wanted rating! Disturbed by the noise, Mrs Judge also joined in on the act before Mr Judge chased after me too. I had already been chased for over 2 hours when Mr Judge decided to call in the cavalry. With a 5 star wanted rating it was time for the pest control! Oh no!

Several minutes later and it looked bad for me. With a fumigator bloke chasing me with a hose, and a little kid trying to play brum brums with me, I couldn’t see anyway I could survive. Suddenly though I took a wrong turn. Luckily for me it was into a Crayola crayon box. Covered in red wax crayon, there was no way I could be recognised! I lost my tail (The people chasing me, not the pink thing hanging from my buttocks) and cruised home. The cheese was mine! And the Law? Well, lets just say the cat got creamed, rather than getting the cream.

Thanks for reading,
Nath.
Sat 16/11/02 at 15:43
Regular
"  "
Ah ok. No prob.
Sat 16/11/02 at 15:12
Regular
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> And whats this Jive & SSXPro? :S

I made a topic over the in the vice city forum that had a similar theme to yours in that it was about mice rather than vice city. The really nice people there decided to stop the topic dead in its tracks by simply stating it had been done before. Thanks a bunch to them :D Anyway, the only decent response was from Jive who kindly pointed me in the direction of your topic, by popping it in here.
Fri 15/11/02 at 17:35
Regular
"  "
No its ok Possom. Its ace to win but I only won the other day and I wouldn't have thought it fair anyway.

And whats this Jive & SSXPro? :S
Fri 15/11/02 at 11:34
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
I didn't read it Natbuc but I bet you were pretty peed off when you didn't win.
Fri 15/11/02 at 10:40
Regular
Jive wrote:
> Well it was 2 pages back so we'll let you off ;-)

Thanks! I was so excited about writing about mice as well :( I had really hoped it would make a decent topic. Ah well, never mind.
Fri 15/11/02 at 10:39
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
ssxpro wrote:
> lol! Thanks! Its not in the right forum :D That's my excuse :D Though
> I suppose it isn`t Vice City. Ah, I dunno, its too confusing.

Well it was 2 pages back so we'll let you off ;-)
Fri 15/11/02 at 10:28
Regular
Jive wrote:
> Pop for ssxpro ;-)
> Good effort, didn't look back far enough!

lol! Thanks! Its not in the right forum :D That's my excuse :D Though I suppose it isn`t Vice City. Ah, I dunno, its too confusing.
Fri 15/11/02 at 10:16
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Pop for ssxpro ;-)

Good effort, didn't look back far enough!
Thu 07/11/02 at 10:46
Regular
"  "
Well its funny you said that. I should have actually been at college, but I got a migrane, went home, went to bed, and thought of the stupid idea that was this post. :D
Thu 07/11/02 at 10:43
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Great little story there Natty - As Iv'e sadi before though - you really do need to get out more !!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.