GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Size Matters? Hell no!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/03/02 at 21:51
Regular
I am thoroughly annoyed. Angry in fact. Why? Because the negative hype surrounding the Xbox, mainly in PlayStation 2 fans, is so infuriating, so infinitely untrue that I have to say this.

The Xbox controller is big. So big that it is too big to hold? Not on your life. I find the Xbox controller comfortable, and easy to hold. I have relatively small hands, small enough for the GameCube controller to feel snug, yet I like both the feel and the size of the Xbox controller. It doesn't feel as though it'll slip out of your hands, the buttons aren't too far spread and the joystick is much nicer than the PS2 controller. In fact, the only thing that is actually bad about the Xbox controller is the d-pad, which is worse than a third party controller. Other than that, it is great. It may look big, but it is still just the right size, and if anything, the other controllers are too small rather than this one being too big.

Since most of the negativity comes from PS2 fans, I'm gonna say this. The Xbox controller is much, much better than that of the PlayStation 2. It is chunky, comfortable and a breeze to use. Very dissimilar to the PS2 controller, which is too small, feels as though it'll slip out of my hands and has a joystick worse than mine ;-). I just can't believe that people think it is too big. It follows very closely behind the GameCube for having the best controller, and anybody who thinks it is too big either has a brain so small that their shoe size is larger than it, or hasn't a clue as to its actual dimension. Grow up people, Microsoft isn't 100% bad (Just 99.9%).
Sat 16/03/02 at 22:08
Regular
"¬_¬"
What looked like the Xbox was just the cover. The wires actually run underground, where there are 10 Pentium 4's cranking away at trying to get it to work. Mind, 9.76 of these P4s are wasted on running Windows X, so it doesn't really make much difference. ;)
Sat 16/03/02 at 22:04
Regular
"relocated"
Damn. I thought the stand came WITH the X-Box. Now I'm confused that everyone thinks it's so big. ; )
Sat 16/03/02 at 22:00
Regular
"¬_¬"
I hate the N64 joystick. And also, which I should have added to my topic, is that it is very hard to get an opinion of the Xbox controller in a shop; they're attached to the gay stand by hard, resistant plastic tubing which means you have to hold the controller exactly where it should be, and because a minute or so just getting accustomed to the game itself isn't long enough to decide.
Sat 16/03/02 at 21:56
Regular
"relocated"
I've only used an X-Box controller briefly, and I wasn't that impressed. The thing is I would have said the same thing about the N64 controller etc etc. These things take some getting used to. You're right about the PS2 controller, by the way. Having been spoilt all my life with Nintendo hardware, it came as quite shock to have to use anything else. After six months I've come to the conclusion that the Dualshock sucks, plain and simple.
Sat 16/03/02 at 21:51
Regular
"¬_¬"
I am thoroughly annoyed. Angry in fact. Why? Because the negative hype surrounding the Xbox, mainly in PlayStation 2 fans, is so infuriating, so infinitely untrue that I have to say this.

The Xbox controller is big. So big that it is too big to hold? Not on your life. I find the Xbox controller comfortable, and easy to hold. I have relatively small hands, small enough for the GameCube controller to feel snug, yet I like both the feel and the size of the Xbox controller. It doesn't feel as though it'll slip out of your hands, the buttons aren't too far spread and the joystick is much nicer than the PS2 controller. In fact, the only thing that is actually bad about the Xbox controller is the d-pad, which is worse than a third party controller. Other than that, it is great. It may look big, but it is still just the right size, and if anything, the other controllers are too small rather than this one being too big.

Since most of the negativity comes from PS2 fans, I'm gonna say this. The Xbox controller is much, much better than that of the PlayStation 2. It is chunky, comfortable and a breeze to use. Very dissimilar to the PS2 controller, which is too small, feels as though it'll slip out of my hands and has a joystick worse than mine ;-). I just can't believe that people think it is too big. It follows very closely behind the GameCube for having the best controller, and anybody who thinks it is too big either has a brain so small that their shoe size is larger than it, or hasn't a clue as to its actual dimension. Grow up people, Microsoft isn't 100% bad (Just 99.9%).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.