GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So are we gonna get GTA3 and Pro Evo?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/11/02 at 11:23
Regular
Ive been "lucky" enough to own an xbox since launch day, and ive gotta say I hardly play it now, its basically my DVD player. I brought one because when i compared it with its rivals- it kicked butt, and this leaves me wondering why everyone goes for PS2's when the box is statistically so much better.

However, i rekon i would pay £150 for Grand Theft Auto to be released on the box, because the only game which I have had significant play out of has been Tony Hawkes - i didnt even like Halo! I did hear early in the xbox's release time that Pro evolution and GTA where going to be released- was this a rumour, or was there any truth in this?
Mon 11/11/02 at 22:00
lol its reviewed in america I read the ign review it got 9.0 ah the wonders of having a ign insider subscription.
Mon 11/11/02 at 21:48
Regular
I think he's referring to the cancellation of the X-Box Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance in Japan, and rumours that the rest of the world may follow suit.
Mon 11/11/02 at 19:05
KIREBA wrote:
> GTA is a PS2 exclusive and Pro Evo is very unlikely now that Konami
> have started scrapping XB games. Pro Evo has however been confirmed
> for GC.

when did they start scrapping xb games????
Mon 11/11/02 at 17:08
Regular
GTA is a PS2 exclusive and Pro Evo is very unlikely now that Konami have started scrapping XB games. Pro Evo has however been confirmed for GC.
Mon 11/11/02 at 13:56
I use my ps2 the least out of the 2 but I have been addicted to GTA Vice city where are you up to on it wookie?
Sun 10/11/02 at 14:34
Regular
"Unretired"
With all this software, dvd and what not, your forgetting some other issues.
What about there practical uses?

Gamecube - Looks pretty, too bad its very light and makes a useless doorstop. +1 Looks -2 Practical

Ps2 - Can be put vertically or horizontally, which is great because you can put it vertical on your bookshelf as a bookstop. +3 Practical -2 Looks

Xbox - Heavy, is a great doorstop and heater. +5 Practical +1 Looks

GBA - Dosnt have many practical uses, like its brother. A nice finger exerciser maybe? +1 Looks -2 Practical

And of course, all the consoles improve your hand eye co-ordination. +4 Hand Eye Co-ordination.

Havnt got a clue why posted that garbage, goodbye.
Sun 10/11/02 at 14:14
"High polygon count"
Haribo wrote:
> and this leaves me wondering why everyone goes for PS2's when
> the box is statistically so much better.

Welcome to the real world, where stats count for nothing and games mean everything.

I also got an Xbox at launch, and it's the least-used of my three machines. Like you, I've found the software disappointing, and the experience as a whole has so far been totally underwhelming - so much so that thoughts of selling the Xbox have frequently crossed my mind.

My PS2 and Gamecube have been all that's kept me sane in terms of gaming. There was a five-month gap up to the launch of TimeSplitters 2 in which my Xbox was nothing more than a dust magnet.

But things are looking up quite a bit. Spliner Cell is next on my videogaming horizon - but maybe not until after I've completed Vice City, Ratchet & Clank and Eternal Darkness.
Sun 10/11/02 at 13:05
Regular
GTA won't be coming out on X-Box unless something really out-of-the-blue and weird happens. Pro Evo 2 is likely, as it's been confirmed for GameCube. Don't expect it for a while though, as Sony have the rights for six months.
Sun 10/11/02 at 12:09
Regular
GTA - Not until 2004 (Sony took the rights)
Pro Evo - Dunno
Sun 10/11/02 at 11:23
Ive been "lucky" enough to own an xbox since launch day, and ive gotta say I hardly play it now, its basically my DVD player. I brought one because when i compared it with its rivals- it kicked butt, and this leaves me wondering why everyone goes for PS2's when the box is statistically so much better.

However, i rekon i would pay £150 for Grand Theft Auto to be released on the box, because the only game which I have had significant play out of has been Tony Hawkes - i didnt even like Halo! I did hear early in the xbox's release time that Pro evolution and GTA where going to be released- was this a rumour, or was there any truth in this?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.