GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it just me or..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/11/02 at 20:35
Regular
Is Xbox Live not on anyone elses priority list? It really isn't something that I am desperate to get and to be honest I think that too much emphesis is being placed upon it. Don't get me wrong I think that downloading new levels and extras will be superb but it isn't something that I can't wait to get. I also don't care too much about playing people across Xbox Live because I aren't into Multi-Player games that much and if I am I invite a friend around to play Halo and Dead or Alive 3 etc!

The service is going to be superb and by far the best online service out of all 3 consoles by a long shot. If a game focuses on Multi-Player over songle player then I avoid getting it, also if a PC game is based around online play I avoid getting it as well. The biggest asset to Xbox Live is the ability to download new levels and characters in my opinion and this is the only reason I will pick it up sometime next year. However until then I value my money on buying the great games on the Xbox between now and Christmas over concentrating on Xbox Live.

By the way has anyone checked the latest IGN reviews for Xbox? The games are scoring highly and there are a few on there that I wasn't expecting to be any good!

Anyone feel the same way? Am I on my own with this one?
Sat 16/11/02 at 00:03
they dont knock a hole they drill one. well thats what Telewest did :D
Fri 15/11/02 at 13:00
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Yay ! Should be signing up for Tiscali Broadband - the 512kbps one - later today. £65 for the moden (£20 off rrp of £85), free line activation, £27 a month. Had to be ADSL as my parents don't want NTL knocking holes in the wall...dammit :)

Now I have to get more money together for the Testdrive kit thing on Nov 30th - this is the next date you can get the online kit isn't it ?

~~Belldandy~~
Fri 15/11/02 at 10:18
I think, well from the people I have chatted to on xbox live the gneral concioucous of xbox live is it will deffinetly help them sell more units.
Thu 14/11/02 at 16:42
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Strafex wrote:
> Xbox live is the main reason for me wanting an Xbox, with Rare and
> Halo being close seconds.
>
> MS have done their bit - made a strong, flawless, easy-to-use
> service.
> It's not quite got the killer games yet but they can't be too far
> off...

From Experience I can say that XBox Live has lived up to the potential so far. Also the killer games for XBox Live are coming out very soon, a lot sooner than the retail version of XBox Live. Unreal Championship, MechAssault and Ghost Recon are all going to be massive hits when they come out.
Thu 14/11/02 at 16:30
Regular
Nothings flawless...
Wed 13/11/02 at 20:57
Regular
Xbox live is the main reason for me wanting an Xbox, with Rare and Halo being close seconds.

MS have done their bit - made a strong, flawless, easy-to-use service.
It's not quite got the killer games yet but they can't be too far off...
Wed 13/11/02 at 20:54
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
> I understand what you are saying Adrian and downloading extras would
> be great but its going to turn into one heck of an expensive service.
> I am going to get a job soon and I need to get broadband internet
> first, is a 128Kb/256Kb broadband service fast enough for online
> gaming? I need to get that sorted first :)

I think it has to be the full 512kb service, not that ISDN rubbish.

After all, the idea was to have everyone at the same connection speed wasn't it?
Wed 13/11/02 at 19:22
Regular
I am going to email them and see what they say because upgrading to 1mb connection is a bit more expensive and expense is the issue at hand here. It should be enough I think, I just remember someone saying it had to be at least 256kb/s but I could be wrong...
Wed 13/11/02 at 19:12
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
garbe123 wrote:
128Kb/256Kb broadband service fast enough for online
> gaming? I need to get that sorted first :)

Maybe, ring up MS and I am sure they will say a minimum speed that is needed.
Wed 13/11/02 at 19:09
Regular
I understand what you are saying Adrian and downloading extras would be great but its going to turn into one heck of an expensive service. I am going to get a job soon and I need to get broadband internet first, is a 128Kb/256Kb broadband service fast enough for online gaming? I need to get that sorted first :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.