GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"KISS MY ROSY RED BAD ANIMATING TECHNIQUE!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/11/02 at 18:05
Regular
Oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah.

And you thought I was stupid. :0D

It actually turns out I DID back up the story. Last year.

So I've lost most of the story, a good 35 mins of it, actually.

I have recovered:

The first trailer.
The first 8 and a half minutes.
And a three and a half minute scene when Grix enters his mind for the first time, which I cut out and am now using for Amneshire, just better animated, naturally.

So what does this mean?

Well, it means at some point I'm going to go back to the stories. It really was a lot of fun to do... I mean, when the whole princible is "make it look crap because you can't do any better", it's hilarious to watch.

So... well, the eight minutes or so is 108 meg. I'll try and compress it a bit more, but I doubt I'll be able to. I'll try Divxing it, I'm not even sure what codec it's in at the moment...

The three minute cut scene is about thirty meg, and the trailer is already uploaded and you've seen anyway.

Haven't uploaded them yet, obviously, but still, they're there. I'll see what I can do with the 8 minutes or so, so you can see it.

Just remember.

It's MEANT to look bad. :0D
Wed 13/11/02 at 18:05
Regular
Oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah.

And you thought I was stupid. :0D

It actually turns out I DID back up the story. Last year.

So I've lost most of the story, a good 35 mins of it, actually.

I have recovered:

The first trailer.
The first 8 and a half minutes.
And a three and a half minute scene when Grix enters his mind for the first time, which I cut out and am now using for Amneshire, just better animated, naturally.

So what does this mean?

Well, it means at some point I'm going to go back to the stories. It really was a lot of fun to do... I mean, when the whole princible is "make it look crap because you can't do any better", it's hilarious to watch.

So... well, the eight minutes or so is 108 meg. I'll try and compress it a bit more, but I doubt I'll be able to. I'll try Divxing it, I'm not even sure what codec it's in at the moment...

The three minute cut scene is about thirty meg, and the trailer is already uploaded and you've seen anyway.

Haven't uploaded them yet, obviously, but still, they're there. I'll see what I can do with the 8 minutes or so, so you can see it.

Just remember.

It's MEANT to look bad. :0D
Wed 13/11/02 at 18:06
Regular
and you had to tell us this because....?
Wed 13/11/02 at 18:18
Regular
It doesn't involve you, shoosh now.
Wed 13/11/02 at 18:20
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
heh, thats you told
Regular
Oh, OK.
*droops head sadly*
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I want see it NOOOOWWW
Wed 13/11/02 at 18:22
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Give...us....the...link..

I didn't get broadband just for P2P, you know.

I downloaded a 50MB animation from your site...on 56K

It was hell, but worth it.
Wed 13/11/02 at 18:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Me too

Took me hooooouuurs

Now I have broadband

I actually had it on my computer until it broke few weeks back
Wed 13/11/02 at 18:25
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Broadband rules, and the best use I've made of it is to download the *that* song from South Park : The movie (and video)

I'm unbelievably immature...but I like it :D

(CASHBACK :D)

Had to say that..
Wed 13/11/02 at 18:27
"+ suspicious minds"
whtas grixys site?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.