GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who makes the best console?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/10/00 at 16:03
Regular
Who makes the best console?
SONY
NINTENDO
SEGA

I think it is Sony basically because of the amount of games that come out for the console.
Wed 04/10/00 at 16:03
Who makes the best console?
SONY
NINTENDO
SEGA

I think it is Sony basically because of the amount of games that come out for the console.
Wed 04/10/00 at 16:13
Regular
It can't be Sony. They rely on other developers to make their games while Nintendo and Sega pour out their own superb titles
Wed 04/10/00 at 16:40
It's not a question of who makes the best console...
There are way too many different aspects of the consoles to single out one of them as "the best"...

The N64 has a kick-ass graphics system, but a severe lack of games that utilize this to the fullest. Needs some more games, though...

The Playstation is an overall powerhouse of a machine, with an impressive amount of games, but there are a lot of lack-lustre games for the system, only sold because of extensive advertisement.

The Dreamcast is a hardcore powerhouse, but lacks a large array of games, that could appeal to a larger audience, and it has almost no presence in the media.

The PS2 is yet to be seen in the european market, but I think that it will easily win the hearts of the consumers. With the backwards compatibility, it already have a wide range of games, but still no trend-setting newcomers.

The future is still unclear...
Wed 04/10/00 at 17:41
Regular
Who makes the best consoles? Nintendo by far. Sony only has the playstation 1 and 2 while Nintendo has the NES, Super N and N64. Sega comes in close but not enough because of it's mess ups from the saturn. Nintenbdo savior is the Super Nintendo, one if not the best console ever made because of it's number of quality games.
Wed 04/10/00 at 19:49
I don't know about this Saturn 'mess-up' thing. The Saturn did do well for a while and came up with some excellent games, like Sega Rally, Nights and a far superior version of Marvel Superheroes. The only 'mess-up' was that the console was difficult to program and so 3rd party developers could deal with it and slowly went away, leaving the console without many new games and the public trying to hand in their consoles for part exchange, while Sony sat there and laughed...evily..

I love my saturn and the console and games were excellent. It's just that they were not catering for the mass public. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go and play Sonic R, Guardian Heroes, Nights, Sega Rally, Daytona CCE, Marvel Superheroes, X-Men, Athlete Kings, Burning Rangers, tons of RPGs..............
Wed 04/10/00 at 20:10
Regular
I not being biased okay! It's what really happened!
Wed 04/10/00 at 20:16
I wasn't incinuating that you were biased, I was just stating that when everyone talks about the Saturn 'mess-up' they seem to be writing the console off as having been a waste of space. My opinion is that it's still a fine console, although obviously now out of date and limited to the games that were made for it. Of course, that's just my opinion and everyone else has the right to think what they want and write what they want. I don't mind!
Needless to say, I still play on my Saturn and wish it could've lasted longer to allow more great games, but then I've also got a Dreamcast.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.