GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE WORST COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/11/02 at 18:41
Regular
I think the worst computer you can buy (new) is the Playstation 2.Why you ask? well at christmas my dad got me a ps2.I was really excited BUT what i found out was that it was not working right e.g. the DVD player was broken,the disc tray was sluggish(slack),and blue sparks came out of the memory card port(it also happend to some of my friends).So i swapped my ps2 for a Gamecube and i was much more satisfied.The ps2 may have really good games but i would never get it again.So if you want my advice but want a ps2 think again and buy a Nintendo Gamecube.
Fri 15/11/02 at 10:43
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Yea, when my Playstations lens dropped I turned it upside down to use it, but it was very temperamental.
Fri 15/11/02 at 10:38
"Darkness, always"
A friend of mine can only play tekken 3 if he turns his PS1 upside down. It works fine for almost everything else, and we've tried it with several different copies of tekken 3, with the same result.

Now that's wierd...
Fri 15/11/02 at 10:30
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I got my playstation when they first came out, it still works, but you have to turn it on its side.
Fri 15/11/02 at 10:29
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Me too, It's still the best.
Fri 15/11/02 at 10:27
"Darkness, always"
My SNES works perfectly as well.

I'm still partial to the odd foray into the world of the original and best Mario Kart!
Fri 15/11/02 at 10:23
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
My original Playstation lasted a couple of years before the lens dropped inside it, yet my trusty old SNES still works :)
Fri 15/11/02 at 10:19
"Darkness, always"
What a wonderful topic.

Anyway, I never saw a Playstation last (ie - stay in perfect working order) for more than 2 years. And almost everyone I knew had at least one of them.

Which isn't to say they became irreprable, but despite the number of people available to do the job, getting a PS1 fixed cost a curiously large amount of money.
Fri 15/11/02 at 10:10
"...Unicef pennies.."
Untitled wrote:
> everyone knows sony purposely make thier consoles cheaply aso that
> they break quickly and people have to shell out for another one, thats
> why they sell so many consoles, lots of their sales are just made up
> form people replacing their current copies

I didn't know this.

And whats more, I (unsurprisingly) don't believe you.

My Playstation lasted for 6 years before I sold it, and I believe that it's still going strong. Perhaps you should learn to look after things?
Fri 15/11/02 at 09:50
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
isn't it funny when one stupif n00b insults another stupid n00b.
Fri 15/11/02 at 09:09
Regular
"aliens exist"
everyone knows sony purposely make thier consoles cheaply aso that they break quickly and people have to shell out for another one, thats why they sell so many consoles, lots of their sales are just made up form people replacing their current copies

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.