GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT3, Metal gear and final fantasy are all BIG let-downs"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/03/02 at 14:51
Regular
Has anyone else noticed that GT3, metal gear 2 and final fantasy X are all crap?
well, maybe not crap but not exactly what I'd call good anyway. I just got a PS2 a couple of months ago, and I have to admit that the only PSone sequel I've actually been impressed by is GTA3 (which is probably the best game EVER). The problems I've found with the other PSone sequels are as follows:

GT3: boring - 2 hours to finish a race! -what the hells that about?
SLOW - try playing burnout for 15 mins then going back to playing GT3 - you'll see what I mean.
NO CAR DAMAGE - theres nothing quite as satisfying as smashing up a shiny new car!

Metal gear 2 - IT'S NOT A GAME - its a movie that you occaisionally get to interact with
I haven't seen a game this linear since.......well, final fantasy 9 actually
Too easy - if you skip all the cut scenes you can complete it in a few hours

Final fantasy X - I've just finished playing a demo of it and I've got to say I'm not impressed
- It's as linear as ever and suffers from INTERACTIVE MOVIE SYNDROME
- sure it looks nice, but shouldn't there be a GAME in there some where?
- If they're going to make it into an Interactive movie shouldn't they at least use a decent plot? - they're all the same for god sake!

Having said that, the PS2 has come up with a very good crop of original games, such as SSX, Burnout, Agent under fire, Dropshop, Star wars starfighter, and the excellent Devil may cry. It's just a shame that none of the old PSone games have faired well in the conversion - sadly, they all seem to of traded gameplay for graphics. Oh well I've had my little rant, Igotta go and take out my anger on some innocent civillians in GTA3 now, see ya!
Fri 15/03/02 at 13:10
Oh dear smokie, it looks like you've ssxpro's a wee bit miffed at you for slagging off his fave games!
Fri 15/03/02 at 12:42
nh wrote:

I spent ages playing MSR on Dreamcast and while I agree it is
> a great game and it does look good it certainly doesnt move as fast as GT3.

Eh? do you have a NSTC copy of gt3 or something? Or some kinda turbo charged dragster?

by the way ssxpro - "GT3 stunned everybody with its superb visuals." - no it didn't, the cars look lovely, but have you noticed how boring the tracks are? the only one that looks vaguely good is the monte carlo track! - try comparing the tracks to any other racer on the PS2 and you'llsee what I mean!
Fri 15/03/02 at 09:50
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
AbsoluT Neo wrote:

I agree Nintendo make some good platformers but thats all they
> really make. To be honest I only need one and Maximo, Jak and Daxter or Crash
> Bandicoot is good enough for me.

Dont get Crash Bandicoot... It is no improvement over the PSX versions and the loading times between levels are criminal.

If you are a fan of Crash then go for J&D - It's made by naughty dog and is the real succesor to Crash 3 !
Fri 15/03/02 at 09:47
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
LondonLad wrote:

in my humble opinion, doesn't look or feel as
> good as MSR on the Dreamcast. Arguably GT3 is more realistic, but for me it's
> second class.

I spent ages playing MSR on Dreamcast and while I agree it is a great game and it does look good it certainly doesnt move as fast as GT3. Sometimes it seemed like you were driving through treacle especially when accelerating.
Fri 15/03/02 at 09:44
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
kenji14 wrote:
> hey smokey i see wot ur onna bout on gt3 the grpahics r totally crap and ur car
> dont damgae and i have gta3 that is a god damn exelent game i live of it any
> ways your lucky 2 have mgs2 but ur slagin it off i aint even got the game just
> thank ur self lucky u got it before u go ripein it, o it looks amazin im
> gettin soe and max payne 4 my bday
and if i get enough spendin money i will buy
> it does any 1 agree or do they think im a div lol.

Writing like this it doesnt sound like you are old enough to play any of those games !!
Fri 15/03/02 at 09:20
Well i totally disagree and i cba to explain y becasue i think its very obvious.
Thu 14/03/02 at 22:58
Longy:0) wrote:
> Ill have to disagree, GT3 is a good game i like building the cars up.

Yeah I quite like that bit, it's the actual racing of the cars that I'm not particularly keen on. There's not even any nice scenery to look at while you trundle along in your nissan skyline - even Ridge racer 5 managed that!

By the way rubberdukky - I reckon shaun palmers snowbouarding has the best multiplayer on the PS2 (even if the one player game's not brilliant), It's got a cool feature that allows you to squeeze the other player off the screen - the more tricks you do. Agent under fire is good but not a goldeneye or perfect dark beater.
Thu 14/03/02 at 22:37
Regular
"WWJD"
Ill have to disagree, GT3 is a good game i like building the cars up, and you don't have to do 2 hour races but you get a really good car
Thu 14/03/02 at 22:31
sPiKe2k wrote:
> Timesplitters is a great multiplayer game

Nah, I've already got it - the sequel looks good though. don't suppose anyone knows if the agent under fire multiplayer is any good?
Thu 14/03/02 at 22:19
Regular
"Touched!"
Timesplitters is a great multiplayer game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.