GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Operation Flashpoint"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/03/02 at 15:01
Regular
I'm sure I'm not the only person here who thinks this is one of the best soldier sims out there, I love the fact that realinsm plays such an important part in the game making it very challanging and enjoyable. Anyway here's the games very first thread for all to talk about.
Fri 22/03/02 at 23:27
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Whoops! I meant Editor not ditor.
Fri 22/03/02 at 23:26
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Scripts and triggers really confuse me on the ditor, and some tutorials I've looked at don't really explain how they work that well. I think I'll stick to downloading other peoples missions for the time being though.
Fri 22/03/02 at 16:49
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Gameplay? hhmm, or Gamespy if your picky.
Fri 22/03/02 at 16:49
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Scripts? you wha? me thinks i'll have to look around, it would be damn intresting to know how to make them, although I've never played an online match with this game, don't see how thats going to change, Gameplay's servers are always busy.
Fri 22/03/02 at 12:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
You can put castles and houses down, but you need to download them first. The problem I have with the editor is the scripts you have to write to get things moving in the game. Getting units to move from A to B is easy enough, but to end a mission at a certain point is bloody hard. As for making missions in Gamespy well I haven't heard of it, but I'll check it out.
Wed 20/03/02 at 17:03
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
The mission editor looks weird, also you can make them on Gamespy can't you?
i'd like to make my own, i'd build castles n stuff, loads of machine guns and HELICOPTERS! loads of em! t'would be lots of fun.

hhmm, can you put anything you want in your own missions? or is what I sdaid completly impossible? :(
Wed 20/03/02 at 11:20
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I just downloaded the mission now as well as all the cars you need to race in. I think I'm going to start to make my own missions soon, I just need to find a good tutorial to get me started.
Tue 19/03/02 at 17:19
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
:D good, and thanks for that link, just played the Rally game! I love that Skoda!! he he, crashed into a few walls though, would be better with a gun, shoot all the other drivers...*snigger*
Tue 19/03/02 at 16:24
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Well I finally got the sounds back in the game after reinstalling it. Which means it must have been something other than the 1.46 patch which I presumed was the cause. Anyway all that matters is I can get back to playing this cool game.
Tue 19/03/02 at 12:59
Regular
"A man with a stick"
A good site for addons like snow covered islands and new types of units is www.operationflashpoint.cz

It has tons of cool stuff to download.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.