GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saga GT 2002"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sega GT 2002'.
Sun 17/11/02 at 00:31
Regular
Hi everyone,
I am well into saga gt and I have won all the car upgrades that i no of.
i have the turbine stage 3, the super racing muffeler,origional tuned suspension, super racing brakes and tires and intecooler. does any one no if there is a racing gears or racing turbo?
thanx
Fri 22/11/02 at 12:57
Must be my screen resolution then.

I will check it out again tonight. Time to get a scart lead me thinks.
Wed 20/11/02 at 21:18
Regular
I dont really think its misty, above anything i thought that all the stages are eeriely clear, only one stage has weather effetcs on it, and thats the rally course.

I think that you may be refering to the heat effects that warp the screen a little as cars engine distort air particles. I like this effect because i havnt seen it in any other game and it gives an impression of power.

And what you say about the loading times is true. between some of the menu screens there is a 5 second screen load point which can get alot frustrating when you want to quickly dive into your garage for example to check one little detail on your car, then have to wait 5 seconds to get in, then 5 seconds to get out.
Wed 20/11/02 at 17:40
Regular
Nottinghams great! Its been voted 3rd best shopping city in the UK :)

(don't ask where I got that information from)
Wed 20/11/02 at 11:33
I played the demo its ok and the handling will take me a bit to get used to it again after playing gt3 ( before that I had sega gt) but it seems just as good as the first. And I liked the first.

2 questions though,

Is it me or does it seem misty thus the graphics aint as sharp?

Loading times drag??? for an xbox maybe I am used to gamecubes loading times?? lol
Tue 19/11/02 at 23:14
Regular
I much prefer this game over GT3. For me GT3 was a poor poor game when it came to Gameplay, and i agree that the ingame music as absolute awful. I think that Sega GT 2002 is well worth a try, Though dont be suprised when you have finished the main bulk of the game within the first few days. Though after all the races are won, there are endless possibilities for the game. At the moment i am spending about an hour or two a day getting money ( lots of it ) then over a few months, i should own all 125 cars in the game.

People say that it is too slow. It does seem quite slow when you have the exterier car view. But when youre behind the wheel it does seem much quicker. I think i have most the parts to put in my car now, but from what ive read it seems like its too late for me to be able to get the 4th muffler as apparently you have to do all the offcial races first, then do the hot-hatch/touring car events. Only then can you get the 4th upgrade.

Best time for drag race: 8.2ish. GT40 Concept. Anyone beaten that.....?
Tue 19/11/02 at 12:22
I just got the demo so I will have a go when I get home from college.
Mon 18/11/02 at 20:47
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Belldandy, Sega GT is the racing simulation you need, but it can get
> quite confusing when it comes to tuning various parts of your car.
> Most of its east to understand anyway.

I know, I've got it with my Xbox :) My understnading of the parts you can add is basic, I just look to see if the stats for the car increase, or if the part sounds good. Weird I know, but it seems to be working

> I suggest you venture into that wonderful town of Nottingham, go to
> gamestation and try and pick up a pre-owned copy of Project Gotham
> Racing (probably for around £20-£25), the graphics are
> amazing in replay and you can play your own music. The cars are
> brilliant.

TOWN ? HOW DARE YOU CALL NOTTINGHAM A WONDERFUL TOWN ! Lol :) Nottingham is actually a pretty miserable city, but there you go ! I do want to get PGR but I've just spent £92 on Tiscali Broadband, £9 on a NI card, £25 on 20 metres of modem cable, and another £3 on ethernet cable, and I only bought my xbox and games two weeks ago. My wallet is seriously busted and has only enough left for Splinter Cell :) PGR is high on my list though, afte the Test Drive kit on Nov 30th.

~~Belldandy~~
Mon 18/11/02 at 19:04
Regular
Belldandy, Sega GT is the racing simulation you need, but it can get quite confusing when it comes to tuning various parts of your car. Most of its east to understand anyway.

I suggest you venture into that wonderful town of Nottingham, go to gamestation and try and pick up a pre-owned copy of Project Gotham Racing (probably for around £20-£25), the graphics are amazing in replay and you can play your own music. The cars are brilliant.
Mon 18/11/02 at 17:47
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Your Honour wrote:
> I'm tempted to get this game.
>
> I guess I'll play the demo a bit more first, to try and get a feel for
> it.

Put it this way, most driving games I've had have been played very little, apart from Ridge Racer 5 on PS2. I found GT3 on PS2 very hard because I don't understand anything about cars, except that putting the key in my cars ignition and turning it starts it, and if you put the key in the petrol cover and turn it you can put petrol into the hole.

I really really like this game.

~~Belldandy~~
Mon 18/11/02 at 16:23
i hope it's different to the demo LOL the subaru was just so so heavy and try sliding the cars it's impossible.

and sega GT on the dreamcast was pants but the dreamcast is still one of my all time fave consoles, shenmue was the nuts and so was JSR

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.