GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rumours! Calling All X-Box Owners..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/11/02 at 20:36
Regular
I've recently decided I would like to buy an X-Box but a few people have said this to me....

"The X-Box scratches discs"

I was just wondering if this is true. Obviously, if it is, I might just go back to my plans of buying a Gamecube...
Sat 23/11/02 at 23:36
"+ suspicious minds"
WHAP!

BIPBLIPBLIPBLIP!

FOOD!

BIG BOOBS!

pills...mutter...PILLS!!!
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:03
Dringo wrote:
> If it is any other game bar JSRF, Splinter Cell, DOA3 or Halo then I'd
> hope and pray that it does scratch the disc.

I see you have joined your comrade :D
Wed 20/11/02 at 22:37
Regular
If it is any other game bar JSRF, Splinter Cell, DOA3 or Halo then I'd hope and pray that it does scratch the disc.
Wed 20/11/02 at 21:38
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> If the person did'nt want an Xbox, why would he/she come in here?
> They'd go in the PS2/Gamecube forum if they wanted one of them
> consoles.

I know I talk about the PS2/GameCube too much - but not without good reason. Jericho was unsure, and many other people have been too. So lets put those handbags away now.. :D
Wed 20/11/02 at 21:22
Regular
I for one have never had a game disk or a dvd disk scratched from my xbox. i like to look after my belongings well, so any scratches that would appear would be the fault of my xboxs or my brother, but as i said, there has been no scratches on any of the disks ive but into my xbox.
Wed 20/11/02 at 20:41
Regular
Yes, the X-box scratches X-box game discs, however it doesn't do any major damage to them and they'll still play without problem. And no it doesn't scratch DVDs. That I know from experience and careful scrutiny.

To say the cases are isolated is a major understatement. My deputy manager at work noticed it on his X-box too, and again, he hasn't had any actual problems at all.
Wed 20/11/02 at 17:47
Regular
Maverick, if you have'nt noticed, this is an XBOX FORUM. Everytime someone comes in here asking questions about purchasing the Xbox, you come along and make stupid comments like

"Oh but the Gamecube has a carry handle, talk to me and we can be friends"
"Gamecube has smaller disks, buy that instead!"
"You have checked out the Gamecube before purchasing the Xbox?"

If the person did'nt want an Xbox, why would he/she come in here? They'd go in the PS2/Gamecube forum if they wanted one of them consoles.

I still gotta ram that xbox controller up your......

:-)
Wed 20/11/02 at 11:39
Just enjoy the consoles for what they are and what the games are like dont cloud your vision with Microsoft want to take over the market rubbish.

Its like money isn't bad. Its only the people without it who complain! lol I think every company would love to take over its individual market dont you?
Tue 19/11/02 at 23:56
Regular
Lol, that was just what i was thinking. It does seem like one of those things you see in films.

*Dog sitting between two sets of people, both calling his name and slapping their thighs. "cmon boy, cmon. Come to me" "No boy, here boy, ill give you food and love". The dog then goes out an buys a PS2*

Dum mutt.
Tue 19/11/02 at 23:50
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Maverick42 wrote:
> You shouldn't decide on whether a console scratches discs or not
> anyway - just the quality of the games available :D.

And he has done. :-)

Anyway sod off you - he's one of us now ! ::grabs Jericho:: You go and spread your Gamecube bile elsewhere ! ;-))

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.