GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"games philosophy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/03/02 at 20:52
Regular
Mon 11/03/02 at 20:52
"penguins in hawaii?"
Mon 11/03/02 at 21:19
"penguins in hawaii?"
Somebody please read! It took me ages to write.
Mon 11/03/02 at 21:21
great post savior of sheep,got me thinking
Mon 11/03/02 at 21:24
"penguins in hawaii?"
Cheers salvatore! :)
Mon 11/03/02 at 21:28
no prob :D
Mon 11/03/02 at 21:42
Regular
"relocated"
Very interesting post.

I liked the bit about 'ethical space'. This seems to be quite a new concept in games: in the past we always seemed restricted to an ethical tunnel, shooting and killing our way out of any problem we got into. Deus Ex was probably the first game to actually give the player an effective space in which to work: multiple routes to one goal that depend on moral as well as technical choices. A game like Max Payne, which has a very high opinion of itself and whose writers clearly thought they were offering an insight into the human psyche, is really just a well packaged ethical tunnel (my family was murdered, therefore I must murder everyone else). This, after Deus Ex, is a huge disappointment.
Mon 11/03/02 at 21:46
Regular
sorry to follow the trend but...very good post. most interesting i have read in a long time.
Mon 11/03/02 at 21:49
Regular
"relocated"
saviour of sheep wrote:
>But the fundamental goal of a larger game, as I said on my home page
Mon 11/03/02 at 21:50
Regular
"relocated"
saviour of sheep wrote:
>But the fundamental goal of a larger game, as I said on my home page

what is your homepage? can we all go and see it?
Mon 11/03/02 at 21:51
"penguins in hawaii?"
What's your point?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.