GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Iraq"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/03/02 at 18:49
Regular
So...anyone following the news, especially Sky, CNN and Fox, will probably have noticed that there's major hints that a conflict with Iraq, led by a US/UK led force, is becoming a distinct possibility.

Its no longer, if, but when.

As soon as it does start there will be the usual protests, "negotiate" "stop the bombing" and so on. Saddam is refusing access to WMD sites, he's led the UN on a merry dance for 3 years now. As I see it attacking Iraq is the only option to guarantee we don't see weapons of mass destruction of Iraqi origin being used elsewhere. We, the UK, are the closest western target of note to Iraq.

Already, Mildenhall Air Show, that runs yearly in May, has been cancelled "due to operational requirements". This base is only involved in deploying special forces in Afghanistan. Previous air shows have gone ahead despite similar operations in previous years, such as the Balkans.

I don't want more conflicts, because life and the news pre 9/11 was much simpler, but I'd also like there to be a shot at peace sometime in the future, and with idiots like Saddam around thats not going to happen.

What does everyone else think ? (Braces self for usual cliched anti-american sentiment)
Mon 11/03/02 at 18:49
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
So...anyone following the news, especially Sky, CNN and Fox, will probably have noticed that there's major hints that a conflict with Iraq, led by a US/UK led force, is becoming a distinct possibility.

Its no longer, if, but when.

As soon as it does start there will be the usual protests, "negotiate" "stop the bombing" and so on. Saddam is refusing access to WMD sites, he's led the UN on a merry dance for 3 years now. As I see it attacking Iraq is the only option to guarantee we don't see weapons of mass destruction of Iraqi origin being used elsewhere. We, the UK, are the closest western target of note to Iraq.

Already, Mildenhall Air Show, that runs yearly in May, has been cancelled "due to operational requirements". This base is only involved in deploying special forces in Afghanistan. Previous air shows have gone ahead despite similar operations in previous years, such as the Balkans.

I don't want more conflicts, because life and the news pre 9/11 was much simpler, but I'd also like there to be a shot at peace sometime in the future, and with idiots like Saddam around thats not going to happen.

What does everyone else think ? (Braces self for usual cliched anti-american sentiment)
Mon 11/03/02 at 19:41
Regular
hmmm....im not sure. perhaps we should leave it to the politicians. but i think its to much of a risk to go into iraq. the unreliability of politicians nowadays could backfire in their plans.
Tue 12/03/02 at 12:11
"High polygon count"
Well, I'm not the most pro-American person you'll encounter, but I'd agree with you.

The thing is, the likes of Saddam do need removing (my opinion) but I'd like it not to be a long, drawn-out battle like last time. If - or rather, when - they go after him, I'd like to see a large force used, to completely overwhelm Iraqi troops and leave the result of the operation in no doubt.

Ideally, I'd like it to be unannounced. Just hit them, do the job, and get out again. None of this "we're coming for you" nonsense which gives him the chance to go into hiding.
Tue 12/03/02 at 12:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I used to give a hoot about this stuff.
But then it hit me:

Nothing we say can or ever will change anything at all because we, as a people, do not have a voice.
Shout all you want, discuss all you want.
Doesn't matter.
Won't change a thing.

Personally, I would like to see all countries attack each other until nobody is left.
That way, maybe whatever managed to crawl from the primordial ooze would do a better job.

I'm not racist, I think all countries are equally at fault and nobody really deserves supremacy over anyone else.

Just my thoughts.
Tue 12/03/02 at 14:41
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
As long as the Amerians don't ask for our help then it's fine... but if Iraq bomb is then it isn't.

But what am I saying about America asking to help us. They won't need to, Tony'll offer to help.
Tue 12/03/02 at 14:56
Regular
As things currently stand I don't really see how 'Iraq in particular' are a major threat, but if the Americans (and know doubt us in toe) go in and bomb like there's no tomorrow, then this will increase the threat to the West tenfold.
I actually like America - the country and constitution etc, but their foreign policy is based near totally on violence. Peaceful negotiation guys. Lead by example, not by the smooth outer-coating of a heat-seeking missile.
Tue 12/03/02 at 15:03
"High polygon count"
Peaceful negotiation is an ideal solution, but there are places where it just won't work. Look at the Israel/Palestine situation at the moment.
Tue 12/03/02 at 15:12
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Saddam has weapons of mass destruction pointed at us. He is capable of firing them.

To stop him doing this, we should declare war on him. If we declare war he wouldn't dare attack us. Yeah, right.

Can I just point out that we have our own nuclear weapons pointed at various countries around the world? We are just as much as fault as Saddam, but we have more negative press about him, since he is foreign. Because we are English, because we are friends with America, because we are *Western* we are always right.

Sure.

(Stalks off in an angry anti-patriotic mood)
Tue 12/03/02 at 17:14
Regular
"A man with a stick"
America to attack Iraq! How can they declare war on Iraq when they have yet to bring Afghanistan under control? That country doesn't even half the military force Iraq does. Bloody yanks for you too gung-ho.
Tue 12/03/02 at 19:35
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
"declare war ? We haven't declared war since 1941 ! We're going to war"

A quote from Wag The Dog.

The point of it ? People are saying that war against Iraq is going to be declared, and nobody really does that anymore, we just go to war !

cipro is right that Iraq does have more military than the Taliban/Al Queda ( remember we didnt go to war with Afghanistan, it was against those two groups....) The same distinction is here - the USA and its allies have no problem with the Iraqi people - a point maybe I should have made originally - its Saddam and those around him thats the problem. Iraq does have a mjor disadvantage - its terrain.

To quote Gen. Franks; "We don't do mountain, we do deserts."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.