GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the line between videogames and real life...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/11/02 at 18:43
Regular
when playing a videogame, it is a feeling that you are in their world. but, when you turn the console off, you are back in real life. there is a gap between real life and games, and thats why many take their own road. when you are playing, you feel sucked into their environment like you are in a dream, happy and amazed at being IN their world. and when you finish playing, you are back in your life. whatever age you are, you feel like your life has just passed and what are you going to do next. the fact is, when you play a game, if you are doing badly, you can just reset and start again. but with life, what you see is what you get. you have to work for a living, but videogames make us believe many things but its like a dream that you dont want to end.
Tue 19/11/02 at 21:25
Or... In other, more elaborated and GAD-winning words:

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/ (SPACE) display_messages.php?threadid=48193&forumid=416
Tue 19/11/02 at 21:23
Regular
*resets life and starts again*
*falls down bottomless pit*
*uses his continue*
*gets a star*
I AM INVINCIBLE
*falls down another bottomless pit*
DOH!
"GAME OVER"
Starts from the beginning
Waah! Waah! me go poopy!
Tue 19/11/02 at 21:20
Regular
Here's the line

. . .REAL LIFE. . .

Sorry, just had to do that...
Tue 19/11/02 at 19:56
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Gerbil Man wrote:
> just another n00b thinking he can win GAD with 10 lines of poorness.
>
> *slaps head*

I thought I told you about slapping your head? Look what happened yesterday....
Tue 19/11/02 at 18:52
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Maybe its like the Barbara Streisand records and if you play it backwards theres a secret message.... nope, nothing.

Its as hollow as a JAT's skull.
Tue 19/11/02 at 18:50
Regular
just another n00b thinking he can win GAD with 10 lines of poorness.

*slaps head*
Tue 19/11/02 at 18:47
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
You just figured this out?
Tue 19/11/02 at 18:43
Regular
when playing a videogame, it is a feeling that you are in their world. but, when you turn the console off, you are back in real life. there is a gap between real life and games, and thats why many take their own road. when you are playing, you feel sucked into their environment like you are in a dream, happy and amazed at being IN their world. and when you finish playing, you are back in your life. whatever age you are, you feel like your life has just passed and what are you going to do next. the fact is, when you play a game, if you are doing badly, you can just reset and start again. but with life, what you see is what you get. you have to work for a living, but videogames make us believe many things but its like a dream that you dont want to end.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.