GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advice wanted"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/11/02 at 23:29
Regular
Its the time of year again when pretty much ALL antisipated games are released, meaning a large dent in your wallet.

I would just like some feedback on what you think I should get otta the following.

Deathrow- I really want this game. Seams many of you have overlooked it(and my topic) which is fair enough but I love the demo. I want this game.

Splinter Cell- Another must buy I think, out next week yea?

This is where thinks get debatable...

Frontline or Unreal Champ? I really liked Fronline on PS2, my major critisism being not Multiplayer. As the Xbox(and Gc) versions have it, im interested. But Unreal Champ has been getting good reviews mainly, I think as its XboxLive compatable. As I don't and won't have broadband for quite while is it worthwhile picking this game up as its probaby not too hot in single player.

Argh then Tony Hawks 4- Ive completed FULLY all THs games to date, I love em. Want that aswell.

MechAssult also looking good and Controller S keeps staring at me everytime I walk into game, wanna pick that up too along with many others which i'm sure some of you may point out to refresh my memory. :P Problem is, I've only got £30. :( And I don't even HAVE it, my brother owes me it. So that means I'll have to trade in some of my old games- out witht he old in with the new as they say. Tell me which ones I should part with outta these-

Quantumn Redshift
Amped
Munchs Oddessy
Timesplitters 2
JSRF
TH3

Any help, advice on games to get/ keep appricialted along with Controller S comments.

Thanks
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:10
Dont you love the satifaction when completing the challenges??? in TS2

also anyone else think the controller S seems a bit cheap looking but the button arrangement is still cool I will get one of those to make my controller amount up to 4 :D
Wed 20/11/02 at 09:34
Regular
Mantis, only you can decide really....

Personally, I'd get shut of Amped and Timesplitters 2 - both are over-rated in my opinion.

I would get Splinter Cell for sure.

After that, I can't say, because I want totally different games over Christmas, i.e. Morrowind, Toejam & Earl, Big Mutha Truckers,
Wed 20/11/02 at 00:03
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
up in smoke wrote:
> Timesplitters two. It is one excellent game with endless hours of multiplayer (and single player) fun.

I don't think so, got old very quiclky. Story mode had a few good levels(wild west, chigargo and Siberia) but the rest I thought were pretty crap. Multiplayer is alrite, but Halo is usually stuck on when they come round. Overated, and one I wouldn't really mind loosing.

3 games = £120.

Hopefully, if I trade 3 in ill get £60, ive got 30 so thats 90. Pocket money -£10 on friday. Need £20. Dam.
Tue 19/11/02 at 23:50
Regular
As you said you wanted to get rid off some of your games,. I would suggest the same as matey boy. Amped, muches and Tony hawks 3.

Out of the games you suggest, i would definately go for Splinter cell.

As you have 30 quid to spend, plus the 20-30 youll get for taking back those 3 which we have suggested, you should then have about 60 pounds.

With the 60 you have, 40 can be spent on Splinter Cell, and 20 on the Controller-S.

As for Unreal Champ. It may be worth leaving it until the release of Xbox Live as it would have come down in price and you may be able to pick it up second hand by then.

What ever you do, dont return Timesplitters two. It is one excellent game with endless hours of multiplayer (and single player) fun.
Tue 19/11/02 at 23:43
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Out of the games to part with, I think you should pass out TH3, Amped and maybe Munch's Oddysee.

Now for the games you wanna get.
Out of Frontline and Unreal, I'd go for Unreal. Apparently Frontline doesn't show much improvement over its PS2 counterpart beyond the multiplayer which has left a few reviews a bit disappointed. Even without the online access, Unreal is still a great frag fest which you can enjoy alone or with friends. :-)

Splinter Cell is a must, theres no maybe about that title - if you have an X-Box, you own Splinter Cell. ;-)
You really want Deathrow so try and fit that in too.

Overall, I think you should concentrate on getting these titles...
Unreal Championship
Mech Assault
Splinter Cell
Deathrow

Anything beyond that, consider a bonus. ;-) TH4 is a good game, but it offers very little new to the games before it, so I think its a title that can wait. :-)
Tue 19/11/02 at 23:29
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Its the time of year again when pretty much ALL antisipated games are released, meaning a large dent in your wallet.

I would just like some feedback on what you think I should get otta the following.

Deathrow- I really want this game. Seams many of you have overlooked it(and my topic) which is fair enough but I love the demo. I want this game.

Splinter Cell- Another must buy I think, out next week yea?

This is where thinks get debatable...

Frontline or Unreal Champ? I really liked Fronline on PS2, my major critisism being not Multiplayer. As the Xbox(and Gc) versions have it, im interested. But Unreal Champ has been getting good reviews mainly, I think as its XboxLive compatable. As I don't and won't have broadband for quite while is it worthwhile picking this game up as its probaby not too hot in single player.

Argh then Tony Hawks 4- Ive completed FULLY all THs games to date, I love em. Want that aswell.

MechAssult also looking good and Controller S keeps staring at me everytime I walk into game, wanna pick that up too along with many others which i'm sure some of you may point out to refresh my memory. :P Problem is, I've only got £30. :( And I don't even HAVE it, my brother owes me it. So that means I'll have to trade in some of my old games- out witht he old in with the new as they say. Tell me which ones I should part with outta these-

Quantumn Redshift
Amped
Munchs Oddessy
Timesplitters 2
JSRF
TH3

Any help, advice on games to get/ keep appricialted along with Controller S comments.

Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.