GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Panasonic q would kick ps2 and xbox in the bo-lacks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/11/02 at 11:26
Regular
ive wanted on of these for ages but cant really afford it, bu if this was released outside of japan then it would be the number 1 console no questions, its the most beautiful peice on hardware ever! and it plays dvds of all regions, and uk/japan/usa games,

and just look at it its, perfeciton

http://gear.ign.com/articles/356/356908p1.html
Sat 23/11/02 at 18:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Meh I give up, this 'argument' (if that's the word to use) is boring me. And no Update, I'm not conceding you've 'won'. Infact I'm sure you've managed to change exactly 0 amount of people’s minds when it comes to PC gaming.

I love PC gaming, and nothings ever going to change that. Go ahead and list as much technical problems as you want, it's never going to effect my decision about what system I should play games on more.
Sat 23/11/02 at 16:58
Regular
cipro wrote:
> Update, you're a muppet. Now you have you're opinions as do we all,
> but for some reason you feel the need to force you're opinions down
> everyone’s for disagreeing with you're own.
>
> I don't know why you must always feel the need to 'win' an argument,
> anyone with half a brain would realise that bitching about other
> peoples means of playing games on what ever system is pointless. If
> people like what they like, no amount of contrived, and somewhat
> laughable reasoning like what you have displayed in this thread is
> ever going to change that.

I was responding to the argument IB was putting forward. His posts are all about What the PS2 really is, and how good and particle the PC is for playing games. Then IB claimed he had not suffered any PC probs as well. From earlier postings, I know he hasn’t just bought his first PC. So I just gave a list of almost everything I have seen in the computing world, some of it on my home computer, while some of it was what I have "delt" with in the workplace over a number of years. So there!
Sat 23/11/02 at 13:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Update, you're a muppet. Now you have you're opinions as do we all, but for some reason you feel the need to force you're opinions down everyone’s for disagreeing with you're own.

I don't know why you must always feel the need to 'win' an argument, anyone with half a brain would realise that bitching about other peoples means of playing games on what ever system is pointless. If people like what they like, no amount of contrived, and somewhat laughable reasoning like what you have displayed in this thread is ever going to change that.
Fri 22/11/02 at 21:04
Regular
Right, job done. Next...
Fri 22/11/02 at 20:48
"Darkness, always"
Oh my God.

I do think I have found the most stupid person on this planet...
Fri 22/11/02 at 20:41
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
You lucky guy. If I had had those probs, I'd have just thrown my comp out the window.
Fri 22/11/02 at 20:34
Regular
Never had a pc prob?, ok here's a list for you.

CD rewriter that wouldn’t rewrite.
Another CD rewriter that wrote one cd then crashed my pc, after which Windows kept crashing. Required a re-install to fix.
Scanner software that wouldn’t work properly with a newer version of the OS.
Corrupt fonts.
Freehand 5.0, followed by 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.2, etc, etc, until it was sorted by buying (yep, a pay upgrade) 5.5.
A "built in" fault which means that 50% of the time, when I Shutdown or Restart, the pc goes to black screen.
A CD-ROM drive that would drop to idle when playing games, making the next game move to use the CD very slow to kick in.
7 Hard disc catastrophic failures, 3 of which were about 2 years old.
1 External Removable Hard disc system failure.
2 JAZ drive catastrophic mechanical failures.
2 Laser printer faults.
1 Inkjet printer fault.
A fault with some apps where a HP colour inkjet would always print your text in black ink – regardless of the colour you selected on screen.
A very annoying fault where text kerning jumps by it’s self when using an old version of ATM with QuarkXpress. Always check your work!

I could make this list twice as long, but there’s not much point.

The amount of medicine & defrag anyone should run on their pc is down to how much use and type of use it gets. If you shift large documents around all day long, you will need to do these things more often.

Also
1) Retention of previous versions of windows.
This allows you to use the drivers that older games rely on to work, and also have a more recent version of windows for everything else. Sure, an old version of windows might take up a Gig, but that equates to less than £1 at todays harddrive prices.
Well you can do this, but again only some 1 who knows what they are doing should risk it. Some people have 2 disc drives, with a different version of Windows on each. But in the main, this is not popular. Others keep just drivers from their old version of Windows, and plug them into their new version of Windows. Again, not recommended. An older driver can clash with more modern components. But do we really want to bother with this sort of thing anyway? Why should anyone need to reboot in an older OS just to run their fav game? You don’t have to reboot the PS2 in PS1 mode to play PS1 games. Mind U, I understand that the Q must be rebooted when switching from GC game mode to DVD movies and back the other way. O dear O dear.

I would love to see you PS2 owners get a Gig of memory card for the same price.
You can’t seriously compare these 2 things. This is just to make the PC sound good. Anyway, try seeing how long a standard hard disc lasts if you keep moving it round like a giant memory card (suggest you take a look at the top of the page again, and you might realize I do know some thing about this subject).

2) emulation.

Emulators exist that allow you to play older games on newer systems. They aren't hard to find, and are free to download. I can play games 15 years old on my PC today.
Can you play 15 year old Sony games on your PS2? No? Unlucky.
That’s nice, but I am talking about software that is say, 4-5 years old.

I think you should stop digging now, before the hole you are in gets even bigger.
Fri 22/11/02 at 18:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have a GC and PC.

PC lets me play Shogun and Avp2.

Good enough for me.
Fri 22/11/02 at 17:09
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Can you play 15 year old Sony games on your PS2? No? Unlucky.

I agree with the rest but, Sony don't make the games, that's everybody else's job
Fri 22/11/02 at 16:25
"Darkness, always"
Amen to THAT, Echelon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.