GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My day in Vice City."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Fri 22/11/02 at 17:47
Regular
The time was 12:30, crowds of people rushed into the sandwich bar looking to carry out everyone's favourite past time; eating. Seemed like an ordinary day to me, I was one of the more observant characters in the shop and took notice of movements that appear to be abnormal. I sat where I had a clear view of everyone and all my surroundings, including the window to the busy lush location that is Vice City. What more could I ask for in my life, beautiful women, great music, drugs widely available.

I walked outside and as soon as I turned around the corner to get in my brand new $50,000 Banshee I suddenly felt very insecure. Across the street from me were fighting bare fisted. I turned 360 degrees due to being spun around by a male in his twenties. He was carrying a sniper gun, this can't be good can it? I got in my car, feeling this was the safest place for me. The guy started climbing up the ladder onto a roof, within seconds the both gangs were lying dead on the floor, not killed by each other, but by the mystery guy. Was he a lone ranger killing people in the city to get to the top and take to the high ground of Vice City?

He hopped on his dark red Sanchez and started to slowly reverse. Our eyes met. This was not what I hoped would happen, he pulled out his shotgun and aimed it at my head. I had never been so pleased to see a police car in my life, the guy on the motorbike scattered as fast as he did his deed. The police had not seen him but he didn't know that, I decided to follow him and see what he was up to, hell it could lead me to the best rewards.

I followed him for about five minutes, he has totally oblivious to my presence and pulled over at the side of the road to answer his very stylish cell phone. It was a phone that even I, a business man could not afford. He did not look like the kind of guy that went to the office at 9am every morning and returned to his caring and loving family for 6pm, he looked new in this city.

I was hot on pursuit again as he seemed to have received orders via his phone, I decided I better put my Banshee to into action to keep up with him. He went onto the grass on the side of the road and seemed to pick up a package of some kind. Upon obtaining this package he shouted 'Yes, only 54 to go." Eh? was he collecting something? Little sense could be made of this and the pursuit was back on. I say pursuit but really I was not chasing him just casually following him.

He pulled up next to a large mansion and started to beat someone's car with a baseball bat, by the time he had finished it looked worse than the cars at the drag races. What was this guy doing, going round messing with people's lives and their possessions? He had killed 11 people in less than 2 minutes, hell this dude was on a rampage. Things had gone too far for me by now, I could not follow this guy any longer. Will I be a victim of his sick and twisted terror that he is unleashing on the residents of Vice City.... Only time will tell.

Kerrang.
Fri 22/11/02 at 21:53
Regular
After you went to Vice City I decided to try going myself...
Result : Sore head and broken TV
Fri 22/11/02 at 21:43
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
I live in Vice City and it is nothing like it seems in the game.....much. And I know that is because the game is set in the past.
Fri 22/11/02 at 20:56
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Nice post Kerrang, enjoyed that :D
Fri 22/11/02 at 20:27
Regular
Nice post Al. :-)
Fri 22/11/02 at 18:48
Regular
"  "
It was Tommy Vercetti Alex! :D Although you probably knew that. :D

Great post anyway :D
Fri 22/11/02 at 18:32
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I'm sure it's good, but it's not in the Vice City forum, so rather than commenting on your writing style or ability I will go AAAAAAARGH. OK?

AAAAAAARGH.
Fri 22/11/02 at 18:18
Regular
Really good post, nice to see a creative twist on the usual fare...

:D
Fri 22/11/02 at 18:12
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Cyclone wrote:
> Vice City seems to inspire you a lot....
>
> :D

Heh, Well I have no PS2 so enjoy every moment I spend on it :D If only it was on the GC... :(
Fri 22/11/02 at 18:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Vice City seems to inspire you a lot....

:D
Fri 22/11/02 at 18:00
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Great post, you could have added a little more to it thought. Still,
> very funny.

Yeah I didn't want to drag it on too much though because people just don't read long posts that much, thanks :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.