GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hindu over reaction at Hitman 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/11/02 at 01:17
Regular
Ok, no offence to hindus but why are they having a go at hitman 2? How can they brand a game racist or immoral, claiming that the game is developed by men of mainly christian denomination, who have ignored the basic foundations of the Hindu faith, when pacifism is the Issue in hand. Christian faith is clearly a religion which is based around the issues of love and pacificism "love thy neighbour" "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, but yet i tell you to forget this". Yet to you see a mass uproar of christians campaigning over the fact that the first and last levels of Hitman 2 are perhaps the most violent in the game and involve in church massacres. The fact of the matter is that this is just a GAME, if you are immoral enough to run around with your silent berretta, double tapping bad guys in the head, and in game action actually singnifies desanctifying and commiting sin, then you are already immoral and sinful anyway according to the same logi, that in game actions reflect what shouldn't happen in life. Some people have gone way to far in there protests over the this game, and i hear some large chains have removed it from their shelves. This is clearly ridiculous. Mafia features a massacre at a funeral one of the holiest events in christian beleif where the body and soul are commited to God's care; yet there was no uproar at this. Some people need to face the reality that not everything needs a large reaction, and that somethings are really just harmless fun. Are they saying that, Violence and cold blooded murder is OK its only the location that matters? no, i don't think so. So its clearly a ridiculous over reaction.
Tue 26/11/02 at 11:16
"Stupid Newbie :D"
Hehe - the only two places Bush could spot on a map, are Texas, and the big red "X" on the right where he's going to fire his missiles. ;)

I'm slouching for some time now - it's my "waste your life infront of the TV after finishing a website and not having to work for another few weeks" state of mind. ;)
Tue 26/11/02 at 11:01
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Ashley wrote:
> um somebody has a little too much time on their hands!

Hey ! you're posting messages like the rest of us, at a time when a majority of people are at school, colege, uni, work e.t.c. Me ? My lecturere person has the flu :) That's not a :) because he's got flu BTW, but because it means free day.

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 26/11/02 at 10:59
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I was really surprised it didn't get a BBFC rating, in it's own way it's more violent than GTA because it's more realistic and who you can kill. In GTA it's at least possible, if you wish, to not have to kill innocent people, but in Hitman 2 ? Postman, delivery people, civlians, all are fair game with little penalty for taking them out.

Didn't want to be picky about the rating thing, but thought I'd point it out. Like you say, idiot BBC people will not know anyway, but I think Bush does know where Britain is on a map, wouldn't like to bet on the rest of Europe :P

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 26/11/02 at 10:58
Ashley wrote:
> um somebody has a little too much time on their hands!

Oi you little bint!
Who was it who started this topic, oh that's right, it was you. :P

There is nought wrong when Babble layeth the smack down, especially when it's directed to pin-headed gimps, such as the variety found at BBC HQ.
Tue 26/11/02 at 10:52
Oddness... could've sworn it was a BBFC 18, but oh well. Fishing time methinks.

Not that it matters much, whoever reads the e-mail is about as likely to know as Bush is able to point out the UK on a map of the world, besides - they'll be too busy crying at my harsh comments. :D

Cheers, Bell. ;)
Tue 26/11/02 at 10:49
Regular
um somebody has a little too much time on their hands!
Tue 26/11/02 at 10:45
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Pointless Babble, there is one slight flaw in your argument to the BBC, it is ELSPA 15, not BBFC 18, bizarely, I checked out Amazon and they have the same info, and are still selling it :)

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 26/11/02 at 10:41
Belldandy wrote:
> I think we should all email [email protected] and generally
> moan. Might not do anything, but at least we'll ruin someones day :)

Good enough reason in my book ;)
Heck, if their researchers are that naff, they deserve to be yelled at perpetually.
Tue 26/11/02 at 10:37
"Darkness, always"
Belldandy wrote:
> Insane Bartender wrote:
> Ah, but there were a few posts which I personally thought were far
> more deserving. Which only goes to weaken Belldandy's point, and
> strengthen mine.
>
> I don't have a blind clue what you're on about !
>
> ~~Belldandy~~

Insane Bartender wrote:
> Insane Bartender wrote:
> Which only goes to weaken Belldandy's point, and
> strengthen mine.
>
> er, check that, it was El Blokey who made the ill informed post.
Tue 26/11/02 at 10:35
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I think we should all email [email protected] and generally moan. Might not do anything, but at least we'll ruin someones day :)

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.