GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This November ..."

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/10/07 at 11:49
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I'm going to do the Nanowrimo thing (National Novel Writing Month [URL]http://www.nanowrimo.org/[/URL]. I've already written the first few paragraphs, so I'll continue from there. I'm not too bothered about reaching the 50,000 word mark, just as long as I can progress it to a point where something's evolving / working. Anyone else doing it? I seem to recall Meka mentioning it once.
Wed 17/10/07 at 14:07
"possibly impossible"
hm. I have a story I was saving from finishing and posting in the SSC because it was getting too long, but it might be worth seeing if I can enter this with it.
Wed 17/10/07 at 11:01
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> If you're going to do it, I would suggest having some kind of
> structure in mind first.

Well I have the basic outline of the plot up to a certain point. After that it'll either take off or nose-dive.
Tue 16/10/07 at 20:14
Regular
"not dead"
I did it two years ago.

It was fun, but ultimately, I wasn't happy with what I wrote - it was supposed to be a life story, but come 50000 words, he was barely into his twenties.

If you're going to do it, I would suggest having some kind of structure in mind first.

I might give it a go if I can get the first draft of something else I'm working on done before the end of October.
Tue 16/10/07 at 19:23
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Well I've been reading a lot of Samuel Beckett of late in attempt to attune my mind to a more bare-bones style.
Tue 16/10/07 at 17:02
Regular
"Author of Pain"
If I ever had a clear enough calendar that I could dedicate enough time to such a venture, I'd love to do it. If nothing else, it looks like a great exercise in teaching yourself to flesh things out a bit more than usual (the flip side once you've learned to do this is then learning how to avoid verbosity).
Tue 16/10/07 at 11:49
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I'm going to do the Nanowrimo thing (National Novel Writing Month [URL]http://www.nanowrimo.org/[/URL]. I've already written the first few paragraphs, so I'll continue from there. I'm not too bothered about reaching the 50,000 word mark, just as long as I can progress it to a point where something's evolving / working. Anyone else doing it? I seem to recall Meka mentioning it once.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.