GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Games are they a Rip off........."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/03/02 at 17:02
Regular
Hi

Do you think PS2 games are a rip-off at £40-£45. The majority of games only seem take a 10-15 hours to complete and after that you don’t really don’t want to go back and find every last thing to get 100% . For instance I bought MGP 2 last week which I completed 80% in one weekend I mean I’m not some sort of gaming God or anything but it just takes the Pi……. Ok you do get games like GT3, SSX T & Pro Evolution etc which you will go back to time and time again but these games are few and far between. Even the new MGS 2 is only suppose to take about 10 hours to complete and that's ment to be the best game ever. What are your thoughts on this subject.

Thanks
Wed 06/03/02 at 17:02
Hi

Do you think PS2 games are a rip-off at £40-£45. The majority of games only seem take a 10-15 hours to complete and after that you don’t really don’t want to go back and find every last thing to get 100% . For instance I bought MGP 2 last week which I completed 80% in one weekend I mean I’m not some sort of gaming God or anything but it just takes the Pi……. Ok you do get games like GT3, SSX T & Pro Evolution etc which you will go back to time and time again but these games are few and far between. Even the new MGS 2 is only suppose to take about 10 hours to complete and that's ment to be the best game ever. What are your thoughts on this subject.

Thanks
Wed 06/03/02 at 17:03
"High polygon count"
Nope.
Wed 06/03/02 at 17:04
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Go look at the prices of the other next-gen consoles game then come back and see what your answer is.

Ta tar.
Wed 06/03/02 at 17:07
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
How many times do we see a newbie turn up and start saying PS2 games cost 40 - 45 quid?

Please do your homework, ie look at this site and find out how much they cost before asking stupid questions.

Oh and by the way, no I do not think that the price of a game at (average here at SR) 35 quid is a rip-off!
Wed 06/03/02 at 17:12
Regular
"Back For Good"
£40-£45 !!!

Here on SR most games are about £32.99 which compared to other systems is quite cheap and Don't forget the Platinum Range which has just arrived offering games for under £20 and Midas have a few budget titles around for about £12-£15 so stop winging ;-)
Wed 06/03/02 at 17:14
Regular
"A man with a stick"
If you think games are that expensive, then why not wait until they are on budget. You should also try renting games before you buy them to see if it'll be worth full price.
Wed 06/03/02 at 20:03
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I agree there. I think that a person should do some research before running down to the shops and wasting their cash on an Army Men game. I always think ahead, and conisder if I will still be playing the game in a few months time. This is why 1)All games I own are good and 2)They last for ages. So dont be lazy and just read some mags to see if a game is worth your £40.

And dont whine, since most of us are saving at least £5 on games if we buy them from SR
Wed 06/03/02 at 20:07
Regular
The only ps2 games in my colection i feel entirly pleased with are THPS3, GTA3 and Half-life. Devil may cry and baulders gate are good but they were finished with far too early. At least my mums still playin DMC.
Wed 06/03/02 at 21:19
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, I have yet to have a PS2 game that I have not completed and then traded withing a week- and that includes GTA3, J&D, 007 and quite a lot others....

Worth scamming the EB "10 day return for any reason" policy ;)
Wed 06/03/02 at 21:34
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
PS2 Games are only a rip off if you buy them for 40-45.

If you look around you can buy just about any game for round about 30-35. When you consider what goes into developing the best games then they are well worth it.

With the release of the Platinum rnage you can you buy some truly superb games for between 15-20 quid. total bargain.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.