GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy VII-2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Thu 28/11/02 at 15:19
Regular
Right, I juts wanted to get some opinions on this. Comment on these points if you wish.

-Will it ruin what is possibly the greatest RPG of all time, or will it continue it's magnificint legacy?
Personally, I am deprived of FFVII and can't wait for something that bears the title again!

-What kind of plot should it follow?
Did anyone say prequel? No? Well I did! It's possible that it will follow Cloud's earlier days, with Zack in Shinra and all that, but then again, it would have no REAL substance. but SEPHIROTH would be in it! Woo!

-What characters will appear?
Rosalind touched on this elsewhere and personally I would like to see both Aeris and Sephiroth appear. Cait Sith would be a welcome return. Of course, Cloud has to appear. But what about the other guys.

-Where will it be set?
FFVII ENDING SPOILER- Remember the final end sequence where Nanaki is galloping with his offspring towards midgar, which is in ruin? Perhaps that could also hint at the plot. But a WHOLE game based on Red XIII? Come on! So will it be in the same world, or not? hmm.
I would like to see a revamped Gold Saucer(with out the piercing music!)

-Anything else?
Any facts about release etc? I assume it will appear on the GC?(why this forum then?! oops)
Any other opinions?

Thats all...
Seeya.
Raven
Thu 28/11/02 at 15:19
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Right, I juts wanted to get some opinions on this. Comment on these points if you wish.

-Will it ruin what is possibly the greatest RPG of all time, or will it continue it's magnificint legacy?
Personally, I am deprived of FFVII and can't wait for something that bears the title again!

-What kind of plot should it follow?
Did anyone say prequel? No? Well I did! It's possible that it will follow Cloud's earlier days, with Zack in Shinra and all that, but then again, it would have no REAL substance. but SEPHIROTH would be in it! Woo!

-What characters will appear?
Rosalind touched on this elsewhere and personally I would like to see both Aeris and Sephiroth appear. Cait Sith would be a welcome return. Of course, Cloud has to appear. But what about the other guys.

-Where will it be set?
FFVII ENDING SPOILER- Remember the final end sequence where Nanaki is galloping with his offspring towards midgar, which is in ruin? Perhaps that could also hint at the plot. But a WHOLE game based on Red XIII? Come on! So will it be in the same world, or not? hmm.
I would like to see a revamped Gold Saucer(with out the piercing music!)

-Anything else?
Any facts about release etc? I assume it will appear on the GC?(why this forum then?! oops)
Any other opinions?

Thats all...
Seeya.
Raven
Thu 28/11/02 at 15:29
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Nope, you can't mess with the ending. It was perfect as it was. And you can't do a prequel because Cloud was a total loser remember? He had fake memories.
Thu 28/11/02 at 15:33
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Darwock wrote:
> Nope, you can't mess with the ending. It was perfect as it was. And
> you can't do a prequel because Cloud was a total loser remember? He
> had fake memories.

But, you do realise that a FFVII-2 IS being released?
And, FYI: Cloud had distorted memories, not fake ones. He remembered himself as SOLDIER 1st class, when infact, that was Zack. He was just a pathetic Shinra soldier.
Thu 28/11/02 at 15:35
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Thats what I said. And FFVII-2 is still just a rumour.
Thu 28/11/02 at 15:39
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Raven-ous wrote:

> But, you do realise that a FFVII-2 IS being released?

Nope I very much doubt that will ever happen. Read my post oin the final fantasy forum, which is a translation of the interview where the possibilty was originally suggested.
Thu 28/11/02 at 16:05
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Yeah, it looks like I got caught up in the rumour. Sorry about that Rosalind.
Only one word for that: unfortunate.
Thu 28/11/02 at 16:23
Regular
"You only live twice"
I hope they do go and make this game...of corse they proberly will spoil it, but it be nice to here clouds voice and some of the over characters, i could just imagine Barrets...heh.

FF7 should bring back sephiroth even tho you kill him, or mayby a new nemesis...naa...that would just wreck it!
Thu 28/11/02 at 16:30
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I heard talk about a sequel to Ico, which is a total travesty as well. You shouldn't mess with things as perfect as this!
Thu 28/11/02 at 16:33
Regular
"Notable"
There should be a twist were vincent has Jenova cells
Thu 28/11/02 at 16:36
"Darkness, always"
I've thought a lot about this, and I think it would be best if they created a new game completely, but tries to put in a deep storyline like FF7 had. Trying to make something in the FF7 world would be difficult, and would be best if they left the original cast well alone, and used someone new.

Another game similar in depth and playability to FF7 would be a game worth buying any console for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.